DEVELOPMENT Solutions seeks Project Executive (Intern)
Project Executive – Internship
DEVELOPMENT Solutions (DS) is a European consultancy serving the international donor and business community in support of sustainable development and sustainable investment objectives, primarily in emerging markets and EU strategic partner countries. Our services focus on technical support for international trade, SME business facilitation, financing for sustainable development and professional training/capacity building. DS’ capabilities are built on a strong grounding in project design and management, complemented by extensive research, policy analysis and capacity building expertise for business and public authorities alike. Further information regarding our projects and portfolio is available at www.development-solutions.eu.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Business Development department to support the design and execution of new project proposals. Field- and desk- based outreach, research and technical writing will be key responsibilities of this role. Strong analytical and writing skills, strategic thinking and organizational skills are sought to support the growing portfolio of the company. Excellent communication skills will be highly valued, given the need for daily cooperation and dialogue with international organizations and project partners.
Internships are paid and are full time during one-year. This is not a short-term or summer internship scheme. A full-time position may be available upon successful completion. Applicants for the Brussels office should have the right to live and work in Belgium, DS is not able to sponsor work permits.
Prospective candidates will preferably have a university degree in public policy, economics, international relations, economic development, or business administration. A specialization in trade is advantageous. The candidate should have a strong passion for work in the public sector, addressing issues in international trade, private sector business facilitation and sustainable development. Excellent written and spoken English is required; additional languages are an asset.
The candidate will demonstrate the following minimum qualities:
- Reliability, initiative, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, hard-working, ambitious and able to adapt to diverse scope of topics and project requirements
- Creative and conceptual thinking abilities to interpret project requirements and present original solutions
- Concise technical writing, data visualization and graphic design skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Familiarity with project proposal and tendering procedures including the preparation of bids is strong advantage
- Experience with EU financing mechanisms and projects a strong advantage
Desired qualities include:
- Experience in tender/proposal design and searching for new opportunities
- Knowledge of EU trade policy and WTO
In addition, through the internship, the candidate will have honed skills in the following areas:
- Experience in project proposal development and writing, including in response to public tenders
- Creative, precise and highly organized writing skills
- Recruitment and fulfilment of expert requirements
- Clear insight into EU public policy approaches to issues at the forefront of international trade and economic development
- Project design and partner relationship management
Interested candidates are encouraged to send an application including CV, cover letter and writing sample (maximum 1,000 words) before 28 February to Hanna Kuula (email@example.com) and Virginia Marantidou (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will be processing applications on a rolling basis. Please indicate “Project Executive – Name Surname” in the subject box. As attention to detail is crucial for this position, only complete applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.