DIGITALEUROPE seeks Editorial and Press Relations Executive
Editorial and Press Relations Executive
position will support the association’s external and internal communications activities, mainly through editorial and press relations tasks, reporting directly to the Communications & Marketing Director.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing and editing press material, policy papers, speeches, and any other outward-facing material for online & offline communications;
- Uploading content to our website via a CMS;
- Contributing to the DIGITAL BYTES (our bi-weekly update to members only) and the DIGITAL HEADLINES (monthly e-newsletter).
- Manage day-to-day press relations in close coordination with the Communications and Marketing Director;
- Undertake media monitoring;
- Dissemination of press releases.
- Checking/rewriting copy for prints & online (including content, spelling, punctuation, formatting and grammar mistakes);
- Contributing to setting and monitoring institutional standards for quality. Maintain tone of voice to ensure brand integrity;
- Ensuring consistency and compliance with editorial guidelines for all content produced.
- Support the organisation of events including conferences, seminars and receptions which can include: writing event documents and materials (programme, presentations, agendas & attendees list); preparing and sending invitations, reminders & confirmation emails.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field;
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience as a writer and/or editor;
- Excellent editorial skills in English, including copy-editing for various audiences;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills–English native speaker level;
- Interest and, preferably, experience in writing about EU policy;
- Excellence in organisational and teamwork skills;
- Hands-on person, delivery-driven and willing to go the extra mile to get things done;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with a good sense of what makes engaging copy;
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- IT literate: MS-office.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Interest and experience in developing content for social media;
- Experience in managing a Content Management System (CMS) and Customer relationship management (CRM), preferably Microsoft Dynamics;
- Familiarity with InDesign and page layout skills;
- Knowledge of another European language, preferably French.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 January 2017. Please put email@example.com in copy of the email and, if available, add any evidence of your previous work (not mandatory but will be highly considered).
Due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
DIGITALEUROPE offers a permanent contract with a competitive salary package. Expected starting date is as soon as possible.