DIGITALEUROPE seeks Intern – Digital Sustainability Policy Group
Sustainability policy at DIGITALEUROPE addresses the entire cycle of ICT products from responsible sourcing (e.g. conflict minerals, non-financial disclosure) and substance restriction, energy and material efficiency (e.g. Ecodesign, circular economy), through to end of life and the use of recycled materials (WEEE, Batteries, Waste Framework Directive and waster shipment regulations).
DIGITALEUROPE is looking for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated and service-oriented recent graduate to join our public affairs team in Brussels with a focus on sustainability issues as
Intern – Digital Sustainability Policy Group
Duration: 12 months Belgian contract
Starting date: Ideally 10 January 2017
Reports to: Manager and Director – Sustainability Affairs team
Main functions of the job
- Early warning, intelligence and EU policy analysis;
- Produce high quality deliverables for members, including meeting minutes, plans of action, briefings newsletters and content for the web, social media and wider communication;
- Support organisation of internal and external meetings and events;
- Develop a good understanding and over time expertise in technical domains including but not limited to legislation for responsible sourcing, substance restriction, Ecodesign & Energy label, Ecolabel and end of life;
- Provide other day to day operational support to DIGITALEUROPE’s sustainablity policy team and group and related working groups.
- University degree or equivalent ideally with an EU component;
- Some experience, preferably in EU public affairs, ICT or environmental issues would be an asset;
- Keen to acquire and to deepen your knowledge in ICT related environmental matters.
- Good understanding of EU policies and processes;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good networker;
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills;
- Fully IT and web literate;
- Editing & proof reading skills;
- Ability to speak another EU language (apart from English) would be an asset.
- Highly motivated, friendly and approachable manner;
- Prepared to work flexible and undertake additional duties;
- Ability to tackle challenges in a creative and dynamic manner;
- Ability to schedule own workload and achieve targets and deadlines.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 November at the latest. Based on the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews, expected to occur beginning of October.