DIGITALEUROPE seeks Manager of Digital Technology and Innovation
Manager of Digital Technology and Innovation
DIGITALEUROPE is looking for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated and service-oriented person to join our public affairs team in Brussels with a focus on technology and innovation issues.
DIGITALEUROPE represents the digital technology industry in Europe. Our members include some of the world’s largest IT, telecoms and consumer electronics companies and national associations from every part of Europe. DIGITALEUROPE wants European businesses and citizens to benefit fully from digital technologies and for Europe to grow, attract and sustain the world’s best digital technology companies. DIGITALEUROPE ensures industry participation in the development and implementation of EU policies.
DIGITALEUROPE’s members include in total 25,000 ICT Companies in Europe represented by 62 corporate members and 37 national trade associations from across Europe.
- Deliver effective outreach and advocacy campaigns;
- Providing early warning services, intelligence and EU policy analysis;
- Working in the field of research and innovation and/or accessibility;
- Being able to develop over time a good understanding and expertise in the above fields and other technical domains, including but not limited to legislation for market access, product compliance and ICT standardisation;
- Writing of high quality deliverables for members, including meeting minutes, plans of action, briefings, newsletters and content for the web, social media and wider communication;
- Organisation of internal and external meetings and events;
- Provision of day to day operational support to DIGITALEUROPE’s technology and innovation policy group and related working groups.
- University degree or equivalent ideally with an EU component;
- Good understanding of EU policies and processes;
- Work experience in the field of research and innovation and/or accessibility in EU public affairs;
- Knowledge in digital technology or technical/regulatory issues, would be considered a plus;
- Keen to acquire and to deepen your expertise in digital technology and innovation matters.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good networker;
- Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills;
- Fully IT and web literate;
- Editing & proof reading skills;
- Ability to speak another EU language (apart from English) would be an asset.
- Highly motivated, friendly and approachable manner;
- Prepared to work flexible and undertake additional duties;
- Ability to tackle challenges in a creative and dynamic manner;
- Ability to schedule own workload and achieve targets and deadlines.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 December 2017 at the latest. Based on the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews, expected to occur beginning of December.
The expected start date is beginning of January 2018.