DuPont seeks Government Affairs Manager
Government Affairs Manager
DuPont has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we’re looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
The E.U. Government Affairs Manager is a leader for the E.U. advocacy agenda for the DuPont Specialty Products Division and its five businesses: Nutrition and Health, Safety and Construction, Electronics and Imaging, Transportation and Advanced Polymers and Industrial Biosciences. At present, these businesses represent a combined $21+ billion in revenue each year and are dedicated to a diversity of products and markets including food and feed applications and ingredients, biobased materials and fuels, photovoltaics, display and printing technologies, industrial air emission technologies, products and solutions for the automotive sector, safety equipment and apparel, construction applications and surfaces, home and personal care applications and others.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, this position will be responsible for developing and executing the E.U. Government Affairs strategy for the Specialty Products Division in Brussels, Belgium and France. At a minimum, the position will be responsible for:
- A thorough understanding of the business interests and goals of the Specialty Products Division in order to drive the organization’s strategic advocacy agenda that fosters growth and commercialization of the Specialty Products portfolio
- Serving as the principal liaison for the Specialty Products Division with policymakers at all levels of government in Brussels, Belgium and France
- Advocating the advocacy agenda directly and indirectly to the European Parliament and Commission, trade associations and other stakeholders as applicable. Issues include tax and trade, intellectual property, confidential business information, GMO labeling and food regulations, chemical regulation, biofuels policy, air quality standards, government funding for safety equipment, rail regulations and technology component standards
- Translating business objectives and highly technical issues into messaging appropriate for advancing strategies with policymakers and other relevant stakeholders
- Developing a network of high quality relationships with senior leaders and staff in the businesses. These relationships should serve as a means of communicating with the businesses about Government Affairs work and activity, staying current on business activity and developments and partnering to advance the company’s policy agenda
- Developing and fostering strong working relationships with key policymakers and influencers to advocate for and support the Specialty Product Divisions business interests
- Representing the company’s interests in trade associations and promoting others in the company to engage with industry organizations to support our advocacy objectives
- Leveraging opportunities to raise the Specialty Products Division’s profile by participating in panels, giving presentations and offering facility meetings and tours
- Staffing and briefing business and corporate leadership in meetings with elected and political officials
- Coordinating with, supporting and leveraging the Government Affairs work done by colleagues in the Netherlands and Germany
We are searching for a candidate who possesses the following qualities:
- A bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Government, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Economics or related fields is required. An advanced degree in Business, Law, Public Policy or similar is desired
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in external affairs, public policy or government relations is required. Experience with policy issues involving food, chemicals, air quality, agriculture, energy, biofuels and biochemicals, solar energy, intellectual property, tax or trade is desired
- Fluency in English and French
- A clear understanding of government process and procedures and an ability to develop and execute strategies to engage with government officials and their staff with the goal to achieve the most favorable public policy developments and/or outcomes to support growth for the Specialty Products Division
- Leadership skills with the capability to motivate diverse and intercultural teams in a challenging political and regulatory environment
- Experience in leading and serving as an advisor to cross-functional teams in a matrix organization that includes staff representing Legal, Public Affairs and Communications, Product Stewardship and Regulatory, Marketing and Business Development
- Experience interacting with political and elected leaders and their staff
- Ability to identify and leverage internal and external resources to articulate and advance business positions on select policy issues.
- Strong knowledge of, and formal training in, government ethics and high moral and ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Strong aptitude for translating complex issues so that they are easily understood by non-technical audiences
- A strong desire for and experience working in a team environment
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.