The European Banking Federation (EBF) is the voice of the European banking sector, uniting 32 national banking associations in Europe that together represent some 4,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – employing about 2.1 million people.The European Banking Federation (EBF) is the voice of the European banking sector, uniting 32 national banking associations in Europe that together represent some 4,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international – employing about 2.1 million people.
Purpose of the Position
The EBF is seeking to recruit, at a full-time position, for a period of six months, an International & Public Affairs Trainee to support the Public Affairs’ Representative and the Senior Adviser International Affairs work.
Join the EBF as we navigate EU and International financial regulations and become a member of a busy team at a high-profile trade association, delivering effective parliamentary engagement and political intelligence on key policy areas affecting one of the EU’s biggest industries. With your finger on the pulse of EU and International Financial Services regulation developments, an enthusiasm for hard work and an ambition to build your experience in public/international affairs, this could be the role for you.
Reporting to the Public Affairs Representative and the Senior Adviser in charge of international affairs, you will help maintain an effective and influential profile for the Association and build up positions on various key banking topics.
- Working proactively with the Public Affairs’ Representative and the International Affairs’ Senior Adviser, in helping them deliver effective institutional engagement and legislative monitoring on key policy areas affecting EBF members.
- Providing support for the organisation of external events (i.e conferences, workshops etc.) and international outreach (visit to the EU presidency, outreach in Washington D.C.etc.)
- Preparing and communicating high-quality and concisely articulated materials for internal and external audiences; including policy briefings ahead and/or after Parliamentary debates and meetings of international bodies.
- Working with other colleagues in the EBF community to ensure they receive relevant, accurate political information in real time and to respond proactively to developments in the European Commission, Council, European Parliament, Basel Committee, EBA, FSB, etc.
- Developing constructive relationships with key stakeholders including parliamentarians, EU officials and member representatives.
We are looking for a young and talented graduate in Economics, Law, Political Sciences, Business or any other relevant field of studies. Previous internship experience within an EU or international institution would be an asset. You will need strong analytical and organisational abilities, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return, you will be working at the heart of the organisation’s advocacy for six months, helping to represent the EBF and wider industry on a broad range of issues that are crucial to our members, the industry and the wider EU economy.
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Internship/Convention of professional immersion (6 months)
- Interesting work in a European setting
- International and multi-cultural environment
Please send your application, including a motivation letter and curriculum vitae, to Amandine Jansen, by 27 October 2017 at the latest.