European Citizen Action Service seeks Communications and Outreach Coordinator
ECAS is Recruiting a Communications and Outreach Coordinator
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is a Brussels-based international, non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 28 years of experience.
Empowering citizens in order to create a more inclusive and stronger European Union by:
- Promoting and defending citizens’ rights;
- Developing and supporting mechanisms to increase citizens’ and citizen organisations’ democratic participation in, and engagement with, the EU.
An inclusive, transparent, citizen-centric and democratic European Union in which citizens’ rights are at the heart of decision making at all levels and in which citizens are informed, consulted and actively participate.
ECAS Team Values
- Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party;
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work;
- Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilise their rights;
- Inclusiveness: Ensuring that all EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights;
- Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
Description of the Vacancy
ECAS is looking for a motivated Communications and Outreach Coordinator who subscribes to ECAS mission, vision and values to further develop ECAS’ Communication and Outreach Strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following Tasks:
- Coordinating and implementing ECAS’ Communication and Outreach Strategy;
- Managing ECAS’ social media and website;
- Promoting ECAS’ presence in European and international media outlets;
- Engaging ECAS’ members in a vibrant communication network;
- Expanding ECAS’ network with new partner organisations;
- Implementing the dissemination and outreach components of projects for each ECAS Focus Area;
- Editing and disseminating ECAS’ bimonthly newsletter;
- Developing daily media updates in the fields of EU Rights and Digital Democracy;
- Communicating ECAS’ positions and messages on key policies targeting different audiences (the wider public, EU decision-makers and key stakeholders);
- Drafting and editing press releases and activity reports;
- Creating visuals for ECAS’ communications, including pictures, videos, interactive media, infographics, etc.;
- Organising private and public events;
- Other outreach-related activities as appropriate.
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate degree in Journalism, Communication, Marketing or in a related field;
- At least 3 years previous experience in communication activities, including at least one year of experience at international level;
- Excellent knowledge of EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Experience using MS Office products and online content management (WordPress or other);
- Experience using online and offline tools to create media content and infographics;
- Experience with analytical tools, such as Google Analytics;
- Professional proficiency in English is a must to apply for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic digital media skills, including digital photography and video, editing and data visualisation skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Friendly, social, proactive;
- Innovative and result-oriented;
- Team worker, but capable of performing tasks independently;
- Capable of working under pressure and observing strict deadlines;
- Capable of multitasking.
- Indeterminate contract according to Belgian law.
- Salary of EUR 1,800 plus benefits.
Start date: January 14, 2019
Deadline for Applications:
Applications – CV and Motivation Letter – should be submitted by December 18, 2018 to Ms. Daniela Peta at email@example.com.
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu during your application!