ECDHR seeks a Trainee Advocacy Assistant (m/f)
European Centre for Democracy and Human Rights (ECDHR) is a young non-profit organisation with offices in Brussels and Beirut, active in advocating for the respect of human rights and medical impartiality in the MENA region, with a particular focus on Gulf countries.
We also work in close cooperation with other like-minded NGOs, such as Americans for Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB), Bahrain Centre for Human Rights (BCHR) and Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy (BIRD).
We are currently looking for a:
Trainee Advocacy Assistant
for a period of 1 year to join our small team in Brussels.
The Advocacy Assistant will support the work of our Brussels office, primarily in the domain of communications but also in our advocacy efforts and office management duties.
It is a great opportunity for young people interested in human rights who wish to gain practical skills and hands-on experience in communications and advocacy with EU institutions.
- Managing ECDHR’s Twitter profile
- Drafting and editing different advocacy and communication materials
- Performing research on a number of different topics relevant for ECDHR’s work and drafting briefings and other background materials, under supervision of the Advocacy Associate
- Following and reporting on European Parliament’s committee and delegation meetings and other relevant events in Brussels
- Monitoring media reports and political developments in relevant fields
Qualification and Skills:
- MA degree in the field of political sciences, social sciences or humanities
- Previous experience in working with EU institutions, or in the fields of communications or advocacy
- Excellent knowledge of the EU’s institutional architecture and decision-making processes, especially European Parliament
- Demonstrable writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills and sound reasoning
- Experience with social media, in particular Twitter
- Proficiency in English and good knowledge of French
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or German
- Experience with WordPress and image-editing programmes
The duration of the contract would be 1 year, starting from early October.
The remuneration for the position is €800 net per month.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter, before Monday 26 September, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interviews will be held in the last week of September / first week of October.