ECEGA seeks Geopolitical Analyst
The European Centre for Energy and Geopolitical Analysis (ECEGA) is a disruptive fusion between an energy think-tank and a management consulting firm aiming to catalyze real leadership and meaningful cross-sectoral engagement for a sustainable, inclusive and resilient energy transition. Young and passionate organization, ECEGA works to empower policy-makers and industry executives to manage the risks and capitalize on the opportunities created by the changing climate, energy and geopolitical landscape.
ECEGA is starting two new projects dealing with Geopolitics of Energy in the context of the European Union and its neighbourhood.
ECEGA is looking to hire a Geopolitical Analyst (potentially two positions will be opened) with a strong track record in policy research, to assist with background data and research activities and reinforce our content development delivery. This will be a versatile position suitable for intellectually rigorous and ambitious individual, and will expand beyond data intelligence to policy research and potential own content publication and dissemination. The successful candidate will have a considerable level of independence and be rewarded for innovation, initiative and research rigorousness. ECEGA is a non-hierarchical organization and the successful candidate will be expected to take an active part in our growth.
We are looking for ambition, confidence and intellectual rigour, combined with personal integrity, positive outlook and vibrant and fun personality.
Commitment to our values, mission and vision should ooze from your application.
If you have the drive to foster change, contact us today and shape your career.
- Degree from a leading university, preferably in Political Science/European Studies, with some prior experience in Public Policy Research, Monitoring, and Analysis. A completed Master’s level degree is a must.
- Strong interest in geopolitics and energy, with a passion for in-depth understanding of the measures needed to drive effective change and accelerate the low-carbon transition.
- Strong knowledge of the EU institutional environment and national regulatory bodies, with particular expertise on the Energy, Climate and Environmental ecosystem – relevant parliamentary committees, key Members, thought-leaders, private stakeholders and advocacy bodies.
- Knowledge of Central Asia and Russia [energy policy and politics, alliances and external relations] is a strong plus.
- Vibrant thinking, positive character and strong intellectual curiosity. You are smart, ambitious and fun to be around.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong sense of duty and responsibility, innovativeness and results-orientation.
- Very good analytical, organizational and communications skills – you can construct coherent arguments from complex data, have a pronounced delivery focus and put high standards to your own work and this of others around you.
- Excellent command of English. Command of Russian or Mandarin or experience in these countries is a plus.
Please send your CV and Cover letter by January 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include an example of written work with your application file or direct us to such online if published. One reference letter or contact details of a referee who can comment on your research and integrity skills should be provided. Successful candidates will be asked to complete a research task as the next step of the process. Only candidates who are seriously considered for the position will be invited to participate in the written exercise.
ECEGA strives to attract the best talent. We harness the digital economy to establish high-performance digital working environment with low environmental footprint. The advertised position is home-based within the limits of the European Union with some potential limited travel.
Duties may evolve depending on performance and the development of ECEGA structure and activities.