ECOS seeks Policy Officer – Climate & Energy
Policy Officer – Climate & Energy
ECOS is a non-profit organisation which promotes and defends environmental interests in standardisation and European product policies. ECOS aims to combat climate change, promote clean energy, and work for a circular economy. ECOS represents 44 member organisations, including the EEB, FoEE, T&E and WWF.
ECOS is looking for a highly motivated Policy Officer to join our team working on cutting edge climate change mitigation and smart energy issues, at the European and international level.
Your main tasks will be to
- Manage ECOS’ activities related to the inclusion of environmental aspects in European and international technical standards related to climate and energy, in support of European environmental policies
- Represent ECOS in technical meetings and conferences
- Selecting, managing, and overseeing technical experts to assist ECOS’ work in the technical committees of the European and international standardisation organisations
- Analyse documents of technical nature and prepare comments and policy positions in layman terms
- Develop regular updates, briefings, positions and publications for ECOS target audiences
- Engage and collaborate with ECOS members and other environmental NGOs
- Operate ECOS task forces comprising experts and NGO policy staff
- Support in the organisation of ECOS events
- Assist with the preparation of funding applications and reporting, and undertake administrative and budget management work related to the projects you will be involved in
Skills and experience required
- Knowledge & experience of electro-mobility, smart homes & buildings, climate change mitigation
- University degree in engineering, science/environmental science
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of environmental NGOs
- Good understanding of technical work and/or standardisation processes, especially at European (CEN, CENELEC and ETSI) and international level (ISO & IEC)
- Familiarity with the broader EU regulatory environment, in particular environmental protection and/or energy issues
- Strong analytical skills & ability to translate technical information into digestible information
- Excellent time and project management skills, including budget management skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent writing, communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Fluent English, other languages an asset
How to apply
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than midnight 28 February 2018 to: email@example.com, with the subject line “POLICY OFFICER – CLIMATE & ENERGY: your name”.
This is a permanent position. The first round of interviews will take place in the first half of March. Please note that ECOS will not be able to reimburse expenses for interviews. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.