ECTAA seeks Legal Advisor
ECTAA is looking to recruit a full-time Legal Advisor with an European law and public affairs background for an immediate position to join the team in Brussels.
ECTAA is the Group of National Travel Agents’ and Tour Operators’ Associations within the EU representing some 70.000 enterprises in 30 European countries. Brussels based since 1961, ECTAA monitors and follows-up any issue of a legal, economic and technical nature relating to the travel & tourism industry in Europe, with a view to informing and consulting its Member associations and to represent their interests within the EU institutions and international organizations.
The position involves monitoring current EU and IATA affairs, preparing briefing documents and analytical material, consulting Members, drafting position papers and liaising with the EU institutions and international organizations such as IATA, UNWTO, etc. S/he will report directly to the Secretary General. The position will require some travel, mainly within Europe.
The right candidate would have
- A university degree in law;
- A very good knowledge of European law, preferably with a focus on EU competition and/or transport legislation;
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience, preferably in EU affairs & lobbying. First experience at EU institutions (internship) is an asset;
- Experience in the travel and tourism industry is a plus;
- Very good organizational and analytical skills. Proven ability to conduct policy research and analysis, develop and assert positions and translate complex technical concepts into comprehensible key messages;
- Exceptional communicator (oral and written) in English. Knowledge of additional European language(s) is welcome;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with policy makers, industry partners and experts over time. Capacity to network in different settings and at multiple levels of policy making;
- Ability to share the responsibilities and tasks with other people. Teamwork adept.
The successful candidate will be working in a small multi-cultural team in one of Europe’s most dynamic industries.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV in EUROPASS format with a short cover letter before the 17th of February 2018 to Ms. Russe, firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available immediately. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.