EFAA seeks Head of Secretariat/Public Affairs
Head of Secretariat/Public Affairs
The European Federation of Accountants and Auditors for SMEs (EFAA) is the independent voice for Europe’s small- and medium-sized accounting, auditing and tax advisor practices (SMPs). We are seeking a full-time or part-time Head of Secretariat/Public Affairs from 1 January 2018 or as soon as possible for our Brussels office.
EFAA has a growing membership and receives increasing attention in the international professional and political sphere. The job opening offers you the opportunity to contribute to our growth by ensuring smooth internal operations and planning events as well as conducting EFAA’s communications, and engaging political and professional stakeholders.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth internal operations by serving as a focal point, maintaining and updating EFAA’s IT infrastructure and contributing to EFAA’s internal financial reporting and planning;
- Organise and conduct all official proceedings of the Federation, including the EFAA Annual International Conference, the EFAA Annual General Meeting and the EFAA Council Meeting;
- Maintain, expand and initiate EFAA’s contact with stakeholders, such as standard setters (EC, EP, IASB, IFAC, etc.) and professional and sectoral organisations based in Brussels and beyond;
- Support the EFAA President and the Board of Directors by organising meetings, keeping the minutes and implementing and following up on Board projects;
- Plan EFAA’s communication strategy and draft EFAA’s communications with input from colleagues at EFAA and from our member organisations;
- Manage EFAA’s website and social media channels;
- Respond to member and external requests, either directly or by passing on the request to the appropriate person; and
- Organise and conduct other project based events in cooperation with colleagues at EFAA and from EFAA’s member organisations.
The position will require that you travel internationally up to twice per month. EFAA is a small dynamic organization operating in a fast-paced environment. As such, the Head of Secretariat/Public Affairs may need to take responsibility for other tasks within EFAA on a project basis.
- a law degree or university degree in business administration, economics, political science or equivalent recognized qualification;
- professional experience of at least five years, preferably in an international environment;
- proficient in the use of Office 365 or equivalent, social media tools, web-enabled communication, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word;
- ability to lead and contribute to projects, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- strong social skills and a team oriented working style;
- excellent written and spoken English (native speaker or near native speaker level); a good command of additional European languages, particularly French, is an asset;
- able and willing to work remotely with colleagues and volunteers; and
- prior experience with international professional standard setting is an asset but not required.
- an exciting international, multicultural and political working atmosphere;
- flexibility regarding your weekly hours;
- appropriate payment commensurate with your level of experience; and
- cooperation with our network of national member bodies.
Please send us your complete application including a cover letter, your CV, salary expectations and, if available, writing samples and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to contact the same address with any questions that you might have.