EFTA seeks Senior Officer Information and Communication
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is an intergovernmental organisation set up for the promotion of free trade and economic integration to the benefit of its four Member States: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States and has offices in Geneva, Brussels and Luxembourg.
The Secretary-General’s Office (SGO) of the EFTA Secretariat services the EFTA Council and coordinates various horizontal activities in the Association.
Senior Officer – Information and Communication
- The Senior Information and Communication Officer, based in Brussels, is part of the Secretary-General’s Office (SGO) and reports to the Director of SGO.
- His/her main responsibility is to coordinate and lead the development of information and communication activities.
- The Senior Information and Communication Officer works in close cooperation with EFTA’s IT staff and the various divisions of the Association in all duty stations, as well as with EFTA State delegations and sister organisations.
- S/he is responsible for the structure and content management of the Association’s electronic systems for external and internal communication, including the internet, extranet, intranet, audiovisual services and EEA-Lex.
- S/he acts as a contact point for external service providers and is responsible for the production and occasional editing of internal and external publications.
- S/he manages press relations, including handling information requests from the press and organising press events, and coordinates and gives presentations to visiting groups.
- The Senior Information and Communication Officer has a leadership role in a small team and needs to be able to take on various tasks and communicate effectively with colleagues in all duty stations.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent, preferably with a specialisation in communication and/or information management or other relevant fields.
- In-depth knowledge in the management of websites and intranets;
- Several years of relevant work experience, preferably in an international organisation, national public administration and/or related private sector activity;
- Extensive experience with standard office software (Microsoft Office);
- Acquaintance with photo and video editing would be an asset;
- Solid knowledge of EFTA and the EEA Agreement.
- Strong organisational skills and initiative, self-reliance and responsibility;
- Ability to cooperate closely and constructively in an international team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Service-mindedness and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to write analytical reports, policy papers and correspondence concisely and clearly in English;
- Project management experience and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English (EFTA working language);
- Knowledge of French, German and other EU or EFTA languages would be an asset.
- Grade: A5
- Annual salary: EUR 101,373
- Division: Secretary-General’s Office (SGO)
- Category/Level: A5
- Type/Duration of Appointment: Fixed-term three years. If considered desirable and in the organisation’s interests, an additional three-year contract may be offered
- Start Date: 1 June 2016 or upon agreement
- Job Reference: VA 03/2016
Appointments are made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a different level from that advertised.
Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA Member States, and as regulated in headquarter agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EFTA Member States.
Interested applicants should apply online via the e-recruitment tool: http://jobs.efta.int/.
Deadline for applications: 21 February 2016.