Eli Lilly and Company seeks European Communications & Digital Public Affairs Manager
European Communications &
Digital Public Affairs Manager
Eli Lilly and Company is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We were founded more than a century ago by a man committed to creating high-quality medicines that meet real needs, and today we remain true to that mission in all our work. Across the globe, Lilly employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. Lilly’s internal research efforts are primarily focused on the following therapeutic areas: oncology, diabetes, pain, immunology and neurodegeneration.
The European Communications & Digital Public Affairs manager will be a strategic member of Lilly’s European Government Affairs team in Brussels. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a dynamic digital public affairs and communications strategy supporting our business objectives in Brussels and ensuring our mission, message and brand are used professionally and effectively.
You will be responsible for leading both the digital strategy and communications campaigns focused on the priority policy issues that impact the innovative, biopharmaceutical industry in Europe.
The role will comprise maintaining, leveraging and growing the LillyPadEU (www.lillypad.eu) platform’s reach and influence as well as responsibility for coordinating with Lilly’s European affiliates on the broader digital public affairs channels in Europe.
You will work closely with European affiliate corporate affairs teams as part of the broader international corporate affairs group, further coordinating with international government affairs and global public policy.
The position will be based in Brussels, and will report directly to the Head of European Government Affairs & Brussels office.
- Manage the communication of key EU policy messages and positions that support our business objectives, including the strategic oversight and implementation of communications campaigns to European stakeholders on priority policy issues.
- Manage the LillyPadEU blog, Lilly in Europe website and Twitter account: delivering regular blog content in alignment with policy priorities; effective use of Twitter for key stakeholder engagement; and strengthening LillyPadEU brand reach through traditional media and publicity opportunities.
- Work closely with colleagues in government and corporate affairs to drive the strategic and tactical use of social media and traditional communication channels focused on priority policy areas.
- Monitor social media channels to leverage opportunities and manage issues that arise and respond quickly and decisively.
- Devise and commission analytical reports about the web area that can be used to inform our development of the Lilly in Europe website and digital assets.
- Build digital public affairs awareness and capabilities across regional corporate affairs network (including building governance and training opportunities).
- Keep up to date with current web trends and developments and ensure we remain timely and current in use of digital media.
- Manage the supporting agency and associated digital public affairs budget.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Over 5 years’ experience working in a public affairs role in Brussels
- Experience of running and measuring successful communications and digital campaigns
- Strong expertise in digital communications, including social media, website content and data management including experience of running and measuring successful digital campaigns.
- Solid understanding of Brussels and institutions of the European Union.
- Understanding of healthcare issues and/or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills in English.
- Fluency in a second European language.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse audiences as part of a collaborative team including senior management.
- Project management skills: experience successfully driving and completing high priority projects.
- Experience working in the European institutions (Commission or Parliament) a plus.
- Experience managing consulting firms, public relations agencies, and other third-party relationships a plus.
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the European Union.
- European and global travel on occasion.
- Must possess a valid passport.
Send your application (CV and motivation letter) to email@example.com