Embassy and Mission of the Republic of Korea seeks Researcher (m/f)
The Mission of the Republic of Korea to the European Union, and Embassy to the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is seeking to complement its political section with a
The successful candidate will have a good background in EU economic issues, as well as strong research, analytical and writing and communicating skills.
- Research and develop analytical reports on policy topics of EU, Belgium and Luxembourg according to Embassy requirements;
- Drafting and editing of public speeches or articles in English;
- Provide general assistance to the Embassy staff;
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned by the Diplomats; and,
- Build networks of institutional, government, industry, NGO and academic contacts.
- Tasks will include general administrative and secretarial support in English and French.
Desired Experiences and Qualifications
- Fluent in English and French(or Dutch) – preferably native speaker or equivalent level-;
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Law, Politics, or Social Sciences;
- Knowledge of EU, Belgium, Luxembourg institutions, law, policy making and procedures;
- The ability to analyse and understand policy implications of EU, Belgium, Luxembourg initiatives and legislative proposals;
- The ability to research and prepare policy papers and to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to work independently and under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Good personal organisational skills;
- Excellent command of MS-Office suite.
- Previous experience in an office environment is preferred
Applicants should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV (with a photo) in English to email@example.com by 15th December 2015.