Embassy of the Republic of Korea seeks a Research Analyst
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea to the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and Mission to the European Union, is seeking to complement its policy research team with a
The successful candidate will have a good background in Belgian, Luxembourgish and EU political and economic issues, as well as strong research, analytical and writing skills.
- Research and develop analytical reports on Belgian, Luxembourgish and European policy topics according to Embassy requirements;
- Provide general assistance to the Embassy staff;
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned by the Diplomats; and,
- Attend conferences, build networks of NGO, academic, industry and government contacts.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Fluent in French and/or Dutch – preferably native speaker – and English as a working language;
- PHD OR Master Degree +3 years of working experience OR Certificate of Lawyer OR Accountant;
- Knowledge of Belgian, Luxembourgish and EU institutions, law, policy making and procedures;
- The ability to analyse and understand policy implications of Belgian, Luxembourgish or EU initiatives and legislative proposals;
- The ability to research and prepare policy papers and to explain complex issues clearly and concisely;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- The ability to work independently and under pressure to tight deadlines; and,
- Good personal organisational skills;
- €2.100 to €2.400 Gross per month, depending on the experience;
- Extra legal advantage package (meal vouchers, public transportation fee).
Applicants should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV (with a photo) in English to email@example.com by 11th November 2016.