EMOTA seeks Director Government Affairs
Director Government Affairs
EMOTA, the European e-Commerce and Omni Channel Trade Association, is the European level umbrella federation representing Online and Omni Channel trade across Europe. The main mission of EMOTA is to promote e-commerce and help policy makers remove any barriers to trade. As important part of the Digital Single Market, we promote good policies on consumer protection, parcel delivery, use of data, electronic payment, VAT and other. EMOTA members include national trade associations, e-commerce companies and suppliers.
We are currently expanding our team looking for 1) a senior professional (M/F) to join EMOTA as Director Government Affairs, to help define and execute the public affairs action at EU level; 2) a position as Policy Advisor to support our public affairs team (see separate advertisement).
Your main responsibilities will consist in leading the day-to-day advocacy related to the priority issues of EMOTA. Reporting directly to the Director General, you will play a key role in intelligence gathering, advocacy, campaign development, members’ service and industry representation.
- Gather intelligence and insight on current issues
- Defining the practical impact of EU policies to our sector
- Represent the association in several industry and consultative groups
- Develop and execute advocacy campaigns on a variety of issues
- Assist EMOTA Committee chairmen on policy, lobbying and priority setting
- Prepare the association’s Committee meetings
- Draft Position Papers and Policy Briefs
- Presentations and public speaking
- Occasional travel
- 5-7 years experience in European Government Affairs
- Background in European law or administration
- Working language in English and preferably good knowledge of German or French
- Experience and network in at least 2 of the following areas: consumer policy, Internet, data privacy, taxation, logistics
- Team player
- Good analytical and writing skills, strong business sense
- A leader and strong networker
- Work independently, sense of initiative
- Result driven
- Passionate for e-commerce
- A career in a dynamic, international team, in a fascinating sector, which is in full expansion.
- Opportunities for personal development and training.
- A competitive package and benefits commensurate with experience
If you are interested, please send your CV and Motivation Letter by e-mai to Maurits Bruggink – email@example.com. All applications will be dealt with greatest confidence.
Deadline: 21 February 2018