EPP seeks Press Officer (m/f)
The European People´s Party is the largest political party at European level, with over 70 member parties from 40 countries and the largest Group in the European Parliament. A staff of 25 people from all over Europe works in the EPP headquarters in Brussels, creating a truly European work environment.
EPP seeks a
Press Officer (m/f)
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Daily press overview (early morning) for EPP headquarters;
- Permanent news monitoring for EPP headquarters;
- Managing media rapid reactions by EPP leadership;
- Recommending media activities to EPP officials;
- Drafting EPP press releases and content for EPP website and EPP social media presence;
- Preparation of EPP Summits, Political Assemblies, Congresses and other events.
Potential candidates will need the following requirements:
- University degree;
- Understanding of and a strong interest in international politics and political parties of the centre-right;
- Fundamental understanding of the European institutions;
- Journalistic experience
- Experience necessary for working in a political environment at European level;
- Ability to plan his/her own work, work on his/her own initiative and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Tact and discretion;
- Ability to work in a team and travel outside Brussels, when needed;
- Reliability and honesty;
- Project management skills.
The person we are looking for should have at least 3 years of working experience in press or communication related to European politics and should be fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages, particularly French, as well as experience working in an international team are assets.
The EPP pays a competitive salary according to Belgian legislation and Social Security. Additional benefits will be provided in the package. Applications should be sent by email by 4 December 2015 to the European People´s Party, to the attention of
EPP Spokesman Siegfried Muresan, Rue du Commerce 10, 1000 Brussels, Belgium (email@example.com).