EPP seeks Press Officer (m/f)
The European People ́s Party is the largest political party at European level, with over 70 member parties from 40 countries and the largest Group in the European Parliament. A staff of 25 people from all over Europe works in the EPP headquarters in Brussels, creating a truly European work environment.
The EPP seeks a
Press Officer (m/f)
The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Daily press overview (early morning) for EPP headquarters;
- Permanent news monitoring for EPP headquarters;
- Managing media rapid reactions by EPP leadership;
- Recommending media activities to EPP officials;
- Drafting EPP press releases and content for EPP website and EPP social media presence;
- Preparation of EPP Summits, Political Assemblies, Congresses and other events.
Potential candidates will need the following requirements:
- University degree;
- Understanding of and a strong interest in international politics and political parties of the centre-right;
- Fundamental understanding of the European institutions;
- Journalistic experience
- Experience necessary for working in a political environment at European level;
- Ability to plan his/her own work, work on his/her own initiative and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Tact and discretion;
- Ability to work in a team and travel outside Brussels, when needed;
- Reliability and honesty;
- Project management skills.
- The person we are looking for should have at least 3 years of working experience in press or communication related to European politics and should be fluent in English.
- Knowledge of other languages, particularly French, as well as experience working in an international team are assets.
The EPP pays a competitive salary according to Belgian legislation and Social Security. Additional benefits will be provided in the package.
Applications should be sent by email by 4 December 2015 to the European People ́s Party, to the attention of EPP Spokesman Siegfried Muresan, Rue du Commerce 10, 1000 Brussels, Belgium (email@example.com).