EPRA seeks Environmental, social and corporate governance Officer
EPRA represents the publicly traded real estate sector in Europe, based in Brussels. EPRA’s members are Europe’s leading property companies, investors and consultants that together own and manage more than EUR 365 billion of real estate assets. With more than 220 members, EPRA is the voice of the European listed real estate sector. We work to encourage greater investment in listed real estate companies in Europe through the provision of better information to investors and stakeholders, active involvement in the public and political debate, improvement of the general operating environment, promotion of best practices and the cohesion and strengthening of the industry.
We are looking to strengthen our finance department by hiring an energetic and creative self-starter to:
ESG (Environmental, social and corporate governance) Reporting
- Research and collect company ESG data from annual reports/websites/analyst reports, Bloomberg, SNL, Reuters etc. such as energy consumption, GHG emission, water consumption
- Support the Director of Finance on EPRA sustainability Best Practices Recommendations (sBPR) initiatives. These initiatives are based on the following pillars:
- Monitor sustainability related developments together with the public affairs team in relation to the European Commission
- Assist the finance team in scheduling events, preparing PowerPoint presentations for road shows.
- Advise companies in relation to their EPRA sBPR queries
- Assist EPRA on ESG communication tasks
- Support in organising ESG summits, workshops and conferences
Desired Skills & Requirements
- 2-5 years of experience in an Environmental, social and corporate governance role
- A degree in Economics or Sustainability (real estate related)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Understanding and evidence of working with real estate sustainability frameworks & certification; including GRI, GRESB, CDP, BREEAM, LEED etc.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with senior industry executives
- Results driven self-starter, able to manage several projects in a fast-paced dynamic finance environment
- Ecellent Excel & PowerPoint skills and some knowledge of databases would be advantageous.
- Team player, showing the ability to support other team members and other areas of the business
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Based within commuting distance of Brussels