Equinet seeks Membership & Policy Officer
Membership & Policy Officer
For its Brussels-based Secretariat, Equinet is seeking to recruit a Membership & Policy Officer. The successful candidate will coordinate membership engagement and support, internal communication and governance issues. They will also significantly contribute to the policy and legal work of Equinet and capacity building activities on various grounds and fields of discrimination, including multiple discrimination.
Equinet, the European Network of Equality Bodies, brings together statutory equality bodies from across European countries with a mandate to promote equality and combat discrimination in the areas covered by the EU Equal Treatment legislation (on grounds of gender, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation) and beyond. Equinet currently has a membership of 46 equality bodies from 34 European countries. Equinet and the Secretariat are co-funded by an annual operating grant under the Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme of the European Union. The Equinet Secretariat is composed of a small team of six staff members.
The Membership and Policy Officer will:
- Coordinate the work and activities linked to the governance of Equinet and membership issues;
- Manage and facilitate membership engagement through effective internal communication and information exchange among equality bodies, including keeping members informed of relevant policy developments at European level;
- Conceptualise, prepare and lead the organisation of Equinet capacity-building events on selected equality and non-discrimination issues;
- Manage selected Equinet activites (such as a Working Groups, Projects, Clusters or Research), and support the overall work of the policy and legal team;
- Contribute to monitoring and engaging with legal and policy developments in the field of equality and non-discrimination both at the national and European/international level;
- Engage with members and stakeholders and represent Equinet at external events as appropriate.
This is a full-time, permanent position within the Brussels-based Equinet Secretariat. Equinet offers an open-ended Belgian employment contract (salary range € 2700-3000 gross per month according to the level of experience and expertise, contract including holiday pay and a 13th month) and secondary employment benefits (meal vouchers and contribution to travel between home and workplace).
The starting date will be as soon as possible.
For a more detailed job description, please klick here.
To apply, please send your CV (in English) and the application form (at end of Application Package available below) to email@example.com to the attention of the Executive Director. Please clearly mention “Application –Membership & Policy Officer” in the subject line.
The deadline for application is 7 February 2018 (23:59 CET).