Ericsson seeks European Affairs Director
Director European Affairs
Government and Industry Relations (GIR)
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
We invite you to join our team.
We are looking for a person who can help create a favorable environment for Ericsson’s and our customers’ success through thought leadership and trusted advice that proactively influences governments and industry organizations, in policies, legislation and regulations for ICT and trade. You will join our European Affairs team based in Brussels being a part of our global Government & Industry Relations organization.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Establish new and maintain existing contacts with European Institutions in general and with the European Parliament in particular
- Represent Ericsson in relevant organizations and associations
- Participate in and contribute to the Ericsson corporate networks with e.g. a strategic regulatory outlook and by identifying and leveraging influencing opportunities
Tools & Resources
- GIR influencing plan(s)
- GIR Policy and regulatory positions
- GIR knowledge repository and influencing assets (collaboration site)
- GIR networks and community
Preferred Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary degree in law, business administration, science or a similar area, or corresponding acquired skills/knowledge
- Broad, general ICT industry competence
- Highly developed understanding of EU policies, regulations and legislation, and associated processes, actors and relationships from a national, regional as well as a global perspective
- Ability to identify, analyze and describe significance of regulatory (and related policy) initiatives and trends to the telecom market in general and to Ericsson’s business in particular
- Ability to identify regulatory-induced business opportunities and constraints
- Strategic utilization of influencing and lobbying skills based on effective communication, active engagement and networking
- Good working knowledge of the EU institutions way of working and legislative decision making process
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) any other EU languages is a plus