ESTRO seeks Public Affairs Coordinator (m/f)
ESTRO, the European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology, is a non-profit and scientific organisation that fosters the role of Radiation Oncology in order to improve patients’ care in the multimodality treatment of cancer. ESTRO has over 5000 individual members in and outside Europe and supports all the Radiation Oncology professionals in their daily practice: Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiobiologists and RTTs (Radiation TherapisTs) and the wider oncology community.
Through its congresses, special meetings, educational courses and publications, ESTRO promotes innovation, research, education. In the last two years, ESTRO has been active in setting up a strategy for Public Affairs and oncopolicy, highlighting the importance of partnerships and positioning of radiation oncology at European and international level. The channels ESTRO is targeting are: patients, radiotherapy national societies, industry, European and international decision makers and other scientific and professional oncology associations.
Public Affairs Coordinator (m/f)
You will work in a stimulating environment, in the dynamic Stakeholder Unit, in the public affairs branch that is active in setting up and applying the Public Affairs strategy, with continuous interaction with the other departments and the Education and Science Unit. You will be proactive in the implementation of the strategy and contribute to the development of the public affairs plan of ESTRO; you will support the communication and dissemination of the main Public Affairs messages; you will interact with ESTRO’s stakeholders and build knowledge about them; you will support interesting projects.
The working environment is pleasant, with an international team of 28 professionals: flexibility, responsibility and collaboration are highly valued. You will work closely with the Director of Policy and Partnership, with your colleagues involved in the Stakeholders Unit and you will bridge with the activities of the ESTRO Cancer Foundation (ECF). You will team up with the Science and Education Unit, especially concerning the liaison to the National Societies. You will work with the ESTRO members of the committees you will be responsible of (the National Societies Committee, the Radiation Oncology Safety Committee and the HERO task force).
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Brussels, Rue Martin V 40, 1200
- Experience: 3 years
- Salary: In accordance with qualifications and Belgian regulations
- Deadline: mid January
Actively contribute to the development and implementation of the public affairs strategy and of the ESTRO vision, with a specific focus on the relationships with all ESTRO Public Affairs relevant stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with ESTRO key stakeholders (National Societies, Patients, Industry, European and International associations and organisations):
Stakeholder monitoring and knowledge building;
- Liaise with the different publics, in accordance with the ESTRO vision and strategy;
- Ensures ESTRO messages are consistent, timely, and relevant;
- Seek collaborations, monitor events that can be relevant to raising awareness and positioning ESTRO.
- Production of the Public Affairs newsletter:
- High level of research and monitoring of: information, news, events, EU draft legislations and initiatives, policy, funding opportunities;
- Share the information with the ESTRO community on monthly basis on the form of an internal Public Affairs newsletter dedicated to the national societies and to the ESTRO institutional members.
- Coordinate the activities of ESTRO committees (National Societies committee — Radiation Oncology Safety Committee):
- Work with the committees’ chairs, organise the committees’ meetings and teleconferences, set-up agendas, prepare background documents, write minutes;
- Manage the committees’ projects;
- Disseminate committees’ activities.
- Liaison person for the European Radiotherapy national societies:
- Managing the database of the European National Societies;
- Support the ESTRO projects involving the National Societies;
- Collaborate strictly with the Science and Education Unit;
- Organisation of the Annual ESTRO National Societies Day.
- Support the activities of the HERO (Health Economics in Radiation Oncology) project, in strict collaboration with the colleagues involved in the project:
- Organise HERO meetings;
- Ensure dissemination of HERO activities.
- Provide timely updates and writing material for ESTRO website and social media when it comes to Public Affairs and Stakeholders;
- Provide general support to the projects managed by the Stakeholders Unit;
- Liaise with the ECF (ESTRO Cancer Foundation).
- 3 years of experience in EU affairs, public affairs, public relations, project management;
- Excellent knowledge of the EU institutions, responsibilities and decision making processes, knowledge of the EU funding schemes;
- Healthcare experience is a strong asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Strong collaboration skills, cooperative manner;
- Proactive attitude, ability to both work independently and in a team;
- Autonomy in managing time and tasks;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Rigorous and organized, attention to detail;
- Polite and professional manner when dealing with the stakeholders;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and flexible to meet rapidly changing projects and priorities;
- Good IT skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Website and social media management is an asset.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter in English by 15th January 2016 to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Contacts will happen by Mid-February latest.