Assistant for the European Think Tanks Group
The European Think Tanks Group (ETTG) is looking for a dynamic, self-going and well-organised
Assistant (40 hours/week)
Who are we?
The European Think Tanks Group brings together five leading European think tanks working on international development and humanitarian issues:
- The German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
- The European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM)
- The Institute of International Affairs / Istituto per Affari Internazionali (IAI)
- The Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations / Institut du Développement Durable et des Relations Internationales (IDDRI)
- The Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
These five institutes can count between them on some 350 researchers, covering all aspects of international development and humanitarian policy. They share a strong commitment to higher global welfare, and a strong belief in the importance of better collective action to achieve global goals. As think tanks and policy research institutes, they also share a commitment to effective outreach and engagement with policy makers and policy processes.
What will you be doing?
As ETTG assistant, you will:
- Assist the ETTG director and policy coordinator.
- Manage calls, reporting and proactive events follow-up.
- Coordinate travel planning and organise visits and appointments.
- Provide support to the organisation of ETTG events (for example, side-events at the European Development Days).
- Help us manage the ETTG website (uploading blogs and articles and adding information).
- Update the relevant member databases, intranet pages and websites.
- Write blogs.
You are based in the Brussels office of ECDPM and will report to the ETTG policy coordinator.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a degree in management support, administration or equivalent.
- Has three or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in an international environment.
- Has a demonstrable workload management experience.
- Is interested in international cooperation and development and likes to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Is a dedicated team worker, and is accurate, flexible and dependable.
- Is fluent in English, and preferably French too.
- Has advanced computer skills (especially with lay-out work in Word) and knows how to work with database and content management (website) systems.
What do we offer you?
- A one-year contract for 40 hours a week.
- A salary of €26,301 gross per year, including holiday allowance and end of year allowance – depending on experience.
- A generous package of 47 leave days.
- A home in an international and dynamic network of researchers based in five European countries.
- An opportunity to travel within Europe.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
If you would like to receive more information about the position, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)433 502 900.
For information about the European Think Tanks Group, please have a look at our website.
How to apply?
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV before 31 May 2019 (midnight). You can address your application to Giulia Maci at email@example.com. The subject line of your application should read: ‘Application ETTG assistant‘. We will not take into account incomplete or late applications.
The preferred starting date for the position is 15 June 2019.