EU Public Affairs Director (m/f/d)
The International Federation of Industrial Energy Consumers (IFIEC) is looking for a
EU Public Affairs Director (m/f/d)
IFIEC Europe is an international non-profit association of scientific nature, established in 1989 and governed as association internationale sans but lucrative (aisbl) under Belgian law with its premises in Brussels / Belgium.
IFIEC Europe represents the interests of industrial energy users in Europe for whom energy is a significant component of production costs and a key for competitiveness in their activities in both Europe and throughout the world. IFIEC Europe was founded on the belief that competitive energy supply, responsible use of energy and consumer choice and flexibility, are the necessary ground rules for competitive and sustainable industrial activity in Europe.
IFIEC Europe represents 13 national European associations that comprise – on a cross-sectoral level – those industrial sectors for which energy is a significant component of production costs. IFIEC´s membership represents a diverse set of industries including: aluminium, automobile, brewing, cement, chemical, copper, fertilizer, food, glass, industrial gases, metals, paper, pharmaceutical, plastics and steel.
For detailed information about IFIEC Europe see: www.ifieceurope.org
How to apply?
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should submit:
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Optional: cover letter (max. 1 page)
- the application e-mail should include 1-2 sentences stating why the application is relevant to the position and the level of experience with “energy intensive industries”
About the role
- An exciting opportunity to be the Brussels representative of IFIEC and – alongside the secretary general – the first point of contact for all external stakeholders.
- Working as part-time employee (3-4 days per week) with competitive salary. Possibility also as part of a self-employed activity.
- Reporting to the Board and responsible for the day-to-day all Public Affairs and communications activities.
- This post is located at the IFIEC Europe office in Brussels (Avenue Louise) in a very modern office, alongside other energy intensive industry sectors.
Responsibilities of the Director of EU Public Affairs
- Developing a PA/communications strategy and effective communication tools. Key person pursuing the lobbying agenda, in coordination with IFIEC’s working parties.
- Participation, support and coordination for Board and Management Committee meetings, as well as Working Party Meetings.
- Organizing, preparing, facilitating and attending regular meetings with EU officials and other relevant stakeholders.
- Promoting IFIEC’s visibility with EU institutions and other stakeholders by participating in conferences and networking events.
- Drafting and distributing a members-only monthly newsletter
- Organisation of the IFIEC two day Energy Forum conference & dinner
- Organisation of at least two other, smaller events per year
- Management and keeping up to date of website and social media channels, occasional engagement with press
Qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of energy intensive industries and in the field of EU energy & climate policy is essential. Understanding of electricity market design and gas policy is preferable.
- Experience with membership based EU Trade associations
- An advanced university degree in economics, international relations, political science, or or engineering studies.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in EU Policy and/or Public Affairs in Brussels with 5 years in a management position.
- Deep understanding or experience of EU policy processes and political decision making, and contribution to the formulation of public policy decisions particularly in the EU but also in the international and national contexts.
- Strong capacity to build strategic partnerships and alliances.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (further languages at ‘excellent – level’ will be seen as an advantage)
- Capacity to think globally and strategically, to develop a long term vision, to face challenges and opportunities.
- Strong management skills; capacity to plan, prioritise, set objectives…and deliver!
- Entrepreneurial and positive mind-set, hands-on mentality
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!