EU Public Affairs Officer (m/f/d)
Viessmann Group is looking for an
EU Public Affairs Officer (m/f/d)
Do you have a strong drive to contribute to sustainable goals in an entrepreneurial environment? Are you passionate about energy policy and people? Then join our public affairs team for a two years paid internship and help us to make a difference.
The position will be located in Brussels, within the French International Internship Programme (Volontariat International en Entreprise), ideally from 1. September.
“Creating living spaces for generations to come.” – Drives us and gives us a purpose in anything we do. Whether it is enhancing people’s quality of living, the efficient use of the right energy sources and effectively to reduce our impact on the global climate. As a family-run business we are committed to strong and long-term oriented values – responsible, team-oriented & entrepreneurial – enabling our customers, partners and 12’000 “family members” to become co-creators in pursuit of our purpose.
The “greater Viessmann family” in 76 countries is addressing the essential needs of the right temperature (heating & cooling) as well as the right air quality (air purification & ventilation). In doing so, we were able to reach €2.5bn in sales in 2018 w/ adjusted YoY growth of 9%. Based out of the heart of Germany in Allendorf we are growing in other key locations.
Viessmann has newly decided to expand its public affairs department to match its geographical growth and feed into the strategy of the Group. Viessmann has pledged to contribute to the carbon neutrality of heating and cooling by 2050 in a cost-effective and people centric way. The challenge is to co-create a policy environment that will secure growth and jobs, radically reshape living comfort and energy use to the benefits of people and ensure a competitive advantage for Viessmann.
As EU Public Affairs officer, you will report to the head of Group Public Affairs. You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring new policy developments at EU and national level, sharing news on the intranet and circulate a newsletter
- Conducting research on energy and climate policies – including on buildings, heating and cooling, green gazes and refrigerants
- Organising events or meetings with policy makers or stakeholders
- Building targeted stakeholder lists and project roadmaps
- Attending meetings of trade associations or policy makers and drafting minutes
- Drafting short communication material and social media campaigns
- Facilitate the coordination with the communication and branding teams in support of Viessmann advocacy goals
- Tracking key milestones on policy files and supporting on national transposal of EU law
- Supporting in administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis, depending on needs
Your profile and qualifications
- Young graduate or job seeker with a degree in Economics, Political science or Law
- Strong interest and knowledge of energy policy
- A working experience in public affairs or public bodies is a plus
- Understanding of policy decision making processes
- Strong communication skills are mandatory
- Excellent networking and drafting skills and attention to details
- A proven ability to analyze complex technical issues and to translate them into simple message
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines including under time pressure and an ability to multitask
- Team player skills with a strong desire to bring added value and makes things happen
- Fluent in English and German mandatory
What we have to offer
- A clear purpose “Creating living spaces for generations to come.” giving meaning to everything you do and ability to really have an impact on our kids’ way of living
- An entrepreneurial and visionary leadership team of hungry creatives, leaders, developers, designers and engineers
- An unprecedented and fast strategy execution, centered around overcoming existing management practices’ shortcomings
- A global “family” of co-creators willing to challenge the status quo
- A high challenge culture based on the values – responsible, team-oriented & entrepreneurial
- A unique future offering based on a set of digital technologies enabling real differentiation
- A new set of leadership development activities with huge personal growth opportunities
To apply please upload your CV and motivation letter on our careerpage, following this LINK
Please apply by 26 July 2019. The position will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate will be found.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!