EURACTIV seeks Consultant
EURACTIV is the media network for Europe. We speak your language, publishing online news free of charge and facilitating EU debates for policy professionals across Europe. With 2,4 million page views and 952,449 unique visitors per month, EURACTIV is a leader among online media specialised in EU policy. Together with its media partners, EURACTIV reaches over 1.7 million users across Europe and beyond, every month. EURACTIV also offers a wide variety of services in order to support EU stakeholders in their communication strategy and their reputation building.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our EU Affairs Team in our Berlin office. The Events & Accounts Co-ordinator will work closely with members of the EU Affairs Team in Brussels to implement client requests, ranging from the co-ordination of policy events to communicating with EURACTIV’s German-based clients when required.
- Co-ordinate EURACTIV services implementation, checking and reporting on the progress of implementation.
- Event co-ordination – approximately 6-8 EURACTIV events per annum, typically roundtable debates of +/- 25 people.
- Help draft materials for events sucha as invitations and participant lists, supervised by the Brussels events team.
- Send invitations to participants, co-ordinating the registration process.
- Keep contact database updated.
- Support logistical organisation of the events (e.g. prepare material to distribute, arrange venue, order catering).
- Support the smooth running of events on the day (e.g. register guests, help with audio-visual equipment).
- Maintain good relationships with EURACTIV’s German clients.
- Closely co-operate with other members of the EURACTIV team in both Brussels and Berlin.
Job requirements / profile:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in one of the following areas: EU public affairs, client management, event organisation, fundraising/communication/media/trade associations etc.
- A University Degree.
- Strong communications skills, including some knowledge of digital communications strategies.
- Excellent social, communication skills and team spirit, with a hands-on and solutions-driven work mentality.
- Strong work ethic, fast and hard-working, good multitasking skills.
- Critical and creative thinking with a desire to learn in a fast-paced and international environment.
- Ability to work independently, take responsiblity, show flexibility.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good computer skills- especially MS Office and Google tools – and knowledge of social media tools (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
- Excellent written German and English. (Other EU languages an advantage.)
- Experience in servicing client demands an advantage.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28th of May 2019.