Euralarm seeks General Manager
Euralarm, the association of European manufacturers and installers of Fire Safety and Security Systems, is seeking a General Manager who will be responsible for the leadership and management of the operational activities of Euralarm, and who will also be a key representative for Euralarm in its interaction with external stakeholders and regulators. Reporting to the Board, represented by the President, the self employed incumbent will manage a team and be based in the Brussels area. The applicants should be able to work from their own office.
Responsible for the day to day management of Euralarm.
- Providing general support, advice and guidance to the Board, members and related matters.
- Increase the recognition and visibility of Euralarm as a key interlocutor of the Fire Safety and Security Industry.
- Manage and continuously improve the Euralarm processes, ensure adherence to the legislation, procedures and processes including the selection and management of appropriate “collaboration-tool” and document storage systems to fulfil legal requirements.
- Lead the advocacy activities of Euralarm
- Ensure association members are kept fully aware of industry and political developments.
- Spot, monitor, and take action on emerging issues (both positive and negative) that can affect the future of the Euralarm’s members industry.
Direct report: the Board represented by the President
Dimensions of the function
- Assume responsibility for the advocacy impact of Euralarm
- Maintain relationships with the Board, the sections and the committees.
- Maintain relationships with members
- Maintain and develop relationships with external stakeholders e.g. the EU Commission MEP’s, regulator’s and ESO’s
- Attract new members, but also ensuring that any potential new members meet the membership requirements, which include having an effective system of corporate governance.
- Develop co-operation with organisations with similar objectives to those of Euralarm and seek to work together to promote them.
- Ensure Euralarm’s financial viability.
- All members: trade associations’ industry members and all individual members of the Board, sections, committees and working groups.
- Euralarm operational team (EOT)-Members, contracted service providers
- Other Trade Associations
- Members of EU Commission and Parliament, Standard developing organizations at national, European and global level.
Key responsibilities/tasks and Priorities
- Management (time allocation target: 20 %)
- Advocacy (time allocation target: 50%)
- Communication (time allocation target: 15%)
- Development of Euralarm (time allocation target: 15%)
Desired skills and exerience
- Relevant university degree
- Knowledge of the building construction or Fire & security industry would be an asset, but, if not, at least 10 years of experience in the Brussels arena, including 5 years in a leading position in an international trade association, the private sector or the policy making sector.
- He/she must have the strategic, diplomatic and leadership skills to find common ground amongst the membership base across a very wide variety of political and technical issues, without necessarily being an expert in any one field, and then to act as effective advocate in pursuing Euralarm’s agenda.
- Leadership in a multicultural and international environment.
- High level of committee chairmanship and ability to synthesise arguments and find acceptable compromises.
- Methodical with a good eye for detail.
- Be well organized.
- Bring objectivity to the proceedings.
- Keeping clear records.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and preferably with French and/or German or another European language.
- Excellent communication, media and interpersonal awareness skills.
- Enthusiasm and self motivation to successfully guide and influence diverse groups ranging across multiple issues.
- Ability to meet challenging objectives and deadlines.
- Initiative and perseverance.
- Strong time management, proactive and to the point.
- Analytical, result and customeroriented.
- Ability to operate efficiently in an international context (readiness to participate in a number of international trips/meetings mainly in Europe)
Interested applicants can send their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.