Eurelectric seeks Electricity Innovation & Digitalisation Advisor
Electricity Innovation & Digitalisation Advisor
“Union of the Electricity Industry – Eurelectric“ is the sector association which represents the electricity industry at pan-European level. Eurelectric seeks to contribute to the competitiveness of the electricity industry, to provide effective representation for the industry in public affairs, and to promote the role of electricity in the advancement of society.
Eurelectric is seeking an Advisor, Electricity Innovation & Digitalisation (ref: AI0518) for its Energy policy, Climate & Sustainability Team in Brussels.
The Advisor reports to the Energy policy, climate and sustainability manager. Eurelectric is looking at expanding its innovation activities with a view to create vibrant synergies between utilities, business associates and companies from other sectors. We are therefore looking for a dynamic and customer oriented Innovation advisor to set up, grow and run the Eurelectric Innovation platform.
Develop the Eurelectric innovation platform, liaising closely with the Business development team. For this purpose you will:
- Finalize the design, structure and governance of the Eurelectric Innovation Platform through a comprehensive stakeholder engagement plan, closely involving Eurelectric members o Ensure efficient internal communication so that the project is well understood, endorsed both internally and by Eurelectric members and business associates
- Identify relevant topics and develop thematic innovation clusters (ex. Digitalisation, Artificial Intelligence, blockchain, machine economy).
- In close liaison with the Eurelectric business development team, identify and engage new participants into the platform
- Manage the Platform and individual clusters’ operations through overseeing and directing the overall work flow, identifying the need to engage external experts/consultants
- Develop Eurelectric positions on Innovation o Handle the Eurelectric Working Group Innovation which is in charge of monitoring the development of EU legislative frameworks that support innovation
- Build consensus and facilitate the development of Eurelectric positions
- Write position papers, articles, press releases and briefings
- Develop public affairs and advocacy campaigns towards the EU institutions and relevant stakeholders
- Represent Eurelectric in public events on Innovation related topics
Requirements and competencies:
- An appropriate university degree (business development, energy economics, environmental science, engineering or similar).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the energy sector: knowledge and experience of EU innovation policies and programmes will be considered a plus.
- Good overall understanding of the European electricity market design, policy and regulation, and some of the global trends affecting the electricity sector.
- Previous management or project leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills and eloquent written expression.
- Comfortable with dynamic stakeholder engagement, public speaking at conferences, industry events and business trainings representing Eurelectric’s views.
- Fluency in English and another EU language.
- Ability to learn fast and adapt to a variety of tasks.
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines and to prioritize
- Dynamic team player, eager to work in a busy and international environment.
Please quote “Ref. AI0518” when submitting your application (CV and motivation letter) by 13th June to: Union of the Electricity Industry – Eurelectric Attn. Giuseppina Rondinelli, HR Senior Advisor, Tel: +32 (0)471813802