Eurochild offers Policy & Advocacy Internship
Policy & Advocacy Internship
- Internship period: October 2018 to March 2019 (6 months)
- Location: Eurochild Secretariat, Brussels
- Remuneration: Our interns receive a standard monthly remuneration (€781 + monthly transport expenses).
Eurochild is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries. We are supported financially by the European Commission.
We are looking for an intern to assist in the development and implementation of Eurochild policy priorities, which currently include political advocacy on eradicating child poverty, promoting well-being and mainstreaming of children’s rights in all EU processes. For further information on our advocacy goals please see Eurochild’s recently adopted Strategic Plan 2019-21
- Support policy and advocacy team in its work on priorities highlighted above;
- Monitor developments of European and international policies regarding children’s rights and well-being and report to the policy and advocacy team;
- Carry out research tasks as required to support ongoing or emergent projects;
- Support Eurochild working structures (including drafting documents, organising meetings, coordinating inputs, etc.);
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of relevant events.
- University degree or relevant experience in children’s rights and well-being / social sciences/ political sciences / EU policies
- Good understanding of European social policy
- Good research skills and understanding of political advocacy at the EU level
- Excellent spoken and written English; other EU languages are an asset
- Flexibility and readiness to work in a small, interdependent and international team
- National-level experience in one of the Eurochild priority areas is a strong asset
Closing date: Sunday 5 August 2018, midnight (CET)
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.