Eurofinas seeks Senior Adviser, Prudential & Regulatory Affairs
Senior Adviser, Prudential & Regulatory Affairs
Eurofinas, the European Federation of Finance House Association, is looking for a Senior Adviser, Prudential & Regulatory Affairs.
Who are we?
Eurofinas, the European Federation of Finance House Associations, is the voice of consumer credit providers at European level. As a Federation, Eurofinas brings together 17 Member Associations from across Europe that represent consumer credit providers. The scope of products covered by Eurofinas’ members includes all forms of consumer credit products such as personal loans, linked credit, credit cards and store cards. Its members are essentially finance houses, specialised banks, captive finance companies for cars, equipment & manufacturers and universal banks.
The mission of Eurofinas is to represent and promote the interests of its members at European level. To achieve this Eurofinas:
- Represents the consumer credit industry vis-à -vis the European institutions and other international bodies as a fair and reliable partner and a contact point for key stakeholders;
- Informs its members of all European and/or international developments that may impact their industry;
- Develops and defends industry positions that are supported by technical research and expertise;
- Produces detailed statistics on consumer credit in order to i) explain who the Federation represents and its importance in the economy and ii) assess the current state of the market, identify trends and facilitate benchmarking;
- Provides its members with a platform to (i) exchange views and best practices; (ii) network and (iii) meet relevant third parties (EU officials, experts, etc.).
- Work together with Eurofinas’ advisers as well as the policy teams of the Member Associations to formulate, develop, promote the Federation’s EU and International policies;
- Maintain and improve the Federation’s contacts with key opinion-formers and decision-makers in the European Institutions, supervisors and regulators, other European federations, and in international bodies;
- Work closely with counterparts in sister Federation Leaseurope, representing the leasing and automotive rental industry;
- Maintain close contact and good working relationship with Eurofinas’ members;
- Contribute to the development of the Federation’s strategy, priorities and agenda;
- Report to the Director General of Eurofinas;
- Help coordinate overall lobbying efforts;
- Represent the Federation at the European Commission, the European Parliament, lobby organisations, Supervisory Authorities, Regulators, etc., at the highest level;
- Present to the Board of Directors and the Policy Committees;
- Co-develop and execute the Eurofinas programme at the Annual Convention, under the supervision of the Head of Communications.
- University degree in law, economics and/or political science;
- Proven knowledge of banking and consumer law.
Knowledge and experience required
- A proven track record of lobbying and public policy-making at EU level and/or national level;
- In-depth understanding of the financial services sector;
- Knowledge of consumer credit is a must;
- A broad and deep understanding of the structure and workings of the European institutions in the banking sector and the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) and the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM);
- A good knowledge of i) international and European banking supervisory and prudential framework for lending institutions and ii) principal standards for conduct of business (product distribution, commercial practices and consumer protection). Understanding of data/security-related legal challenges an advantage;
- At least 6 years of professional experience;
- Knowledge of leasing is an asset.
- Ability to present information and arguments in an articulate and persuasive manner in English (native speaker level) – Additional languages desirable;
- Excellent communication skills required;
- Ability to provide guidance to Eurofinas’ policy team to achieve the goals of the organisation;
- Attention to detail;
- Sense of diplomacy, political sensitivity, ability to reach a compromise between organisations with diverging interests or positions;
- Creativity and flexibility;
- Ability to function in a small team.
Send your resume together with a cover letter to Ms. Julie Debruyne, Office Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org by 06/07/2018. Please mention in the subject of your e-mail “Eurofinas – Senior Adviser, Prudential & Regulatory Affairs”.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.