Eurogas seeks Deputy Secretary General
Deputy Secretary General
Eurogas is the association representing towards the EU institutions companies and associations engaged in the wholesale, retail, and distribution of gas in Europe. It has its offices in Brussels.
Eurogas is the prime interlocutor for energy policy, environmental and other issues related to this sector. The association participates in the European Gas Regulator Forum, the Energy Infrastructure Forum, the Citizens’ Energy Forum, the Gas Coordination Group and other EU consultative groups on energy.
As part of a Brussels-based team reporting to the Secretary General:
- Identifying emerging issues and keeping members and the Eurogas team informed about the development of current legislative proposals and policies relevant to Eurogas;
- Assessing the implications and providing advice on appropriate responses;
- Seeking and processing the input from members, managing their meetings and drafting papers;
- Coordinating and conducting constructive representation vis-à-vis the EU institutions, related industry associations and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience working in EU affairs or in the energy sector;
- Understanding of global and European energy supply and related geopolitics with special knowledge of European midstream gas issues, including trading and the shipping of gas;
- Experience in working with the EU institutions and the legislative processes;
- An ability to produce clear and concise minutes and reports and to draft high-quality and reader-friendly information and position papers that do not require further editing;
- A skilful facilitator in reaching the highest common denominator amongst members and with other Eurogas stakeholders for joint positions;
- A confident networker and interlocutor as well as a clear and convincing communicator and sound sparring partner at senior level;
- Comfortable when speaking in public, with excellent presentation skills;
- Diplomatic, self-starting and capable of working independently along agreed lines as well as a good player in a small team;
- The seniority required to deputise for the Secretary General;
- A University graduate;
- Spoken and written English at native-speaker level is a prerequisite; fluency in other EU languages will be beneficial;
- Versed in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates who fulfil these requirements should address their application to Katerina Zikmundova (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 17 November 2017.
The application should include:
- Letter of motivation;
- Information on current and expected salary;
- Possible starting date.