Eurogroup for Animal seeks Communications Officer
We are seeking the help of a highly motivated and knowledgeable professional to work hand in hand with the rest of our communications team and further professionalize and step up Eurogroup for Animals’ communications in support of our advocacy efforts. The main focus of Eurogroup for Animals’
is to ensure the continuous improvement of our communications activities, with a particular emphasis on analyzing and optimizing the quality of our off- and online presence.
This will include a strong focus on content management and quality improvement across the board of our communication outputs (websites, facebook, twitter, publications, campaign materials, weekly newsletter, magazine, etc). The role will also include developing and managing our relationship with the media, leading special communications projects and ensuring stronger membership engagement across our communications.
As a producer of communication content, this role is positioned at the crossroads between our thematic, campaigning and general advocacy work. We are therefore looking for a highly organized professional with strong interpersonal, people and stakeholder management skills.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience;
- Demonstrated on – and offline communication/marketing experience for a nonprofit organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in conceiving and implementing content and quality management strategies in communications, including technical knowledge of systems and tools used for that;
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in working with media;
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills to translate complex issues in accessible language;
- Good understanding of EU politics and dynamics;
- Affinity with animal welfare issues – commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ goals, mission and role;
- Dynamic individual, comfortable in meeting deadlines and handling multiple issues simultaneously;
- Results- and customer oriented, with a pro-active, structured and accountable working style;
- Strong sense of detail with the ability to think strategically and creatively;
- A valid EU working permit is required.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this post along with your CV in English (Word format) by email to Louise Hilditch firstname.lastname@example.org by 4thJanuary 2017. Please include your salary expectations.