Eurogroup for Animals seeks Campaign Manager
Eurogroup for Animals is the Brussels based European umbrella advocacy organisation, federating 52 national and international members. Together we provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Our vision is to create a Europe where animals are valued as contributing to our well-being, prosperity and to the sustainability of our planet while foremost being considered as sentient beings.
Purpose of the role
With growing emphasis on delivering concrete results in a stagnating European legislative landscape, Eurogroup for Animals has decided to engage its membership in coordinated European advocacy campaigns. To strengthen our team of advocacy and public affairs professionals, we are therefore now recruiting an experienced EU campaigner with strong project, people and stakeholder management skills.
The purpose of Eurogroup for Animals’ campaigns is to drive positive change for animals by convening its members around common goals and coordinating EU wide action. Eurogroup for Animals aims to prepare and execute one flagship campaign per year. In addition the organisation is running several smaller campaigns on a project basis.
The main focus of Eurogroup for Animals’ Campaign Manager is to ensure the professional management of the flagship campaigns in terms of project management and membership engagement, to ensure consistency and system in our campaigns approach as well as to identify opportunities for increased membership engagement.
- The Campaign Manager is primarily responsible for the general preparation, development and management of the flagship campaign and is expected to mobilize and cultivate Eurogroup for Animals’ member engagement in these campaigns.
- This encompasses (i) managing the ongoing flagship campaign, (ii) preparing the subsequent flagship campaign, (iii) identifying ad hoc strategic campaign opportunities provided in the EU context and (iv) providing consistency, system and increase visibility for all Eurogroup for Animals campaigns.
Additionally, the campaign manager:
- Will hold full project management responsibility: planning, timely delivery/results within budgets, identifying relevant partners & securing support for the campaign among members and managing stakeholders’ expectations;
- Ensure transparent and systematic project governance;
- Will coordinate different campaigns running simultaneously.
- At least 5-7 years professional experience in project management – demonstrated mastery of project management cycle, tools and systems, including budgets;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of political processes at EU/international level;
- Proven ability to drive EU campaigns involving the participation of diverse partners; experience coordinating remote teams is essential to the role;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is essential, another other EU language highly desirable;
- Highly desirable: University Degree in a relevant field such as communication/marketing, business administration/economics and/or political science;
- A valid EU working permit is required.
- The post-holder should be able to manage multiple projects at the same time, being able to think strategically and creatively: a strong sense of detail is essential to the position.
- S/he must be results-oriented, with a pro-active, structured and accountable working style, as well as member-focused, so s/he must possesses strong diplomatic, tactical and inter-personal skills.
- A sound commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ goals, mission and role is essential for this post.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume/CV in strict confidence by email to Isabel Leal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state also your salary expectations.
Documents must be submitted in English and in Word format. No other format will be considered. No documents other than those requested will be accepted at this stage.
CVs with photos will not be accepted in any case.
Please ensure that documents are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” and state „Eurogroup – Campaign Manager” in the email subject line. Please do let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
Deadline for applications: Sunday, September 25th 2016.