Euronext seeks V.I.E Public Affairs – EU Financial Services Policy
V.I.E Public Affairs – EU Financial Services Policy
Starting Date : October – 24 month
We are looking for a Junior Policy Officer to join our EU Government Affairs team. Within the team, you will help articulate and convey Euronext’s messages to EU and national stakeholders and assist the team on key areas of EU and French financial services policy. The role is based in Brussels with occasional travel to Paris.
- Take part in designing and implementing Euronext’s advocacy strategy in respect of financial services legislation and public policy initiatives impacting capital markets, both at EU and national level in France;
- Monitoring and research work on regulatory initiatives impacting Euronext. Work will span a broad range of topics, e.g. the Capital Markets Union, Brexit, the financial transaction tax, or the review of the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) amongst other dossiers;
- Support the GA team in liaising with Euronext’s business units to provide regular policy updates, establish positions, and draft advocacy materials;
- Support the GA team in organising meetings and events;
- Attend and report on relevant policy events, conferences, and committee meetings in the European Parliament;
- Draft a monthly policy update on regulatory changes and developments impacting Euronext and its clients.
- Masters-level education in political science, law, or public policy;
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant work experience, strong interest in lobby and public affairs work, prior experience in an advocacy role will be considered a plus;
- Flexible team player with an ability to network both inside and outside the company;
- Attention to detail and ability to synthesise complex policy issues;
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in English and French, other European languages will be considered a plus.