Europacable seeks Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
Europacable, the voice of all leading European wire and cable manufacturers, is seeking to hire a motivated, self-driven full-time EU Public Affairs Manager to join its Brussels team at the beginning of 2018. Energy, industry and telecommunication cables will be the core backbone of Europe´s ever more digitalized and electrified future. Europacable is proud to represent the world´s leading wire and cable manufacturers in Brussels working on cutting edge topics relevant for our industry and, more importantly, for the future competitiveness of our society.
The Europacable Public Affairs Manager will be responsible to support the development and implementation of Europacable strategies in the areas of EU energy, telecommunication, industry, environment and health & safety policies. The Manager will report to the Director of Public Affairs and will work closely with Europacable members.
- Place: Europacable Offices, Brussels, Belgium
- Duration: Open-ended, full-time
- Starting date: 1st January 2018
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Proactively follow developments in EU energy (electricity transmission and distribution networks), telecoms (Broadband roll out, Gigabit Society), industry (Industry 4.0, EU Competitiveness), environment (REACH, RoHS, WEEE) and health & safety policies
- Draft, design and implement lobbying strategies to represent the wire and cable industry at European level
- Develop and maintain relations with the organization’s current and new stakeholders including EU Institutions, TSOs, NGOs, industry, academia, media, etc.
- Conceive and organize Europacable internal and external events
- Maintain close dialogue with Europacable member companies and National Associations from across Europe
- Coordinate Europacable teams, informing Europacable members about European developments
- Assist the Secretary General and Director of Public Affairs to organise and administrate meetings
The successful candidate will have:
- Some 4 years’ experience in a similar position
- Good understanding of EU institutions’ policy making process, preferably in EU energy or telecom policies
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate complex issues into simple advocacy messages
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in English, fluency in at least another EU language and attention to detail
- Experience to operate smoothly in an international and multicultural environment
- Ability to work on own initiative in a small, dedicated team
- An entrepreneurial outlook and solution-oriented attitude, is able to prioritise and diplomatic
We look forward to hearing from you on how you can help us further strengthening our voice in Brussels. Interested candidates should submit their applications in English. Please include a CV, cover letter including expected salary and at least two reference contacts. The application should be sent per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be processed until a suitable candidate is found.