Europatat seeks Policy and Communication Advisor
Policy and Communication Advisor
Europatat is the European Potato Trade Association, comprising of both national associations and individual companies involved in the trade of seed, ware and early potatoes throughout Europe.
Europatat is currently looking for a policy and communication advisor to join the association as soon as possible. In this role, you will support the association’s public affairs and policy objectives, as well as its communications outreach.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring and analysing EU policy and legislation relating to potatoes. Being able to understand and summarise EU policy information;
- Monitoring and collecting data, analysing industry trends, and performing statistical analysis of market developments;
- Interacting with policy makers, members and other associations to formulate, present and defend the association’s positions on various policy dossiers;
- Providing support to the Secretary General for the development of the association’s positions and the implementation of lobbying activities;
- Ensuring effective cooperation and coordination with different stakeholders;
- Regularly reporting internally and to members on your areas of responsibility;
- Identifying and flagging up new key issues of potential relevance;
- Carrying out a large part of the association’s communication activities including newsletter editing, social media and website management, event/meetings coordination and management, public relations and media relations;
- Reporting directly to the Secretary General of the association.
Skills and experience
- University-level education, preferably in an area related to Economics or Agricultural science;
- Professional experience related to the profile will be considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions and their legislative decision-making processes, combined with sound and practical business judgment;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English is a must. Additional languages are an asset;
- Excellent computer literacy skills: MS Office (incl. Excel, preferably also Access), social media, website management experience with a CMS such as WordPress. Quick in learning new digital skills;
- Strong drafting, analytical, monitoring and research skills;
- Speed and accuracy of delivery, and capacity to identify key issues;
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback;
- Assertive, pro-active, able to work on own initiative and intellectually curious;
- Organised, with a can-do attitude and able to work well in a small team, and open to new tasks and challenges;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, outgoing, dynamic, and creative;
- A farming background and/or some knowledge of the potato sector would be an asset;
- Ability to work in Belgium and to undertake short trips within the EU.
- Entry level position in an exciting international environment, in a small, positive and active team.
- Permanent contract, full-time. Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your CV with an accompanying motivation letter, before the 10 of November 2017, to Raquel Izquierdo de Santiago at email@example.com.
CVs and motivation letters will only be considered if sent in English. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.