European Association of Automotive Suppliers seeks Technical Regulations Manager
Technical Regulations Manager
CLEPA is the voice of the European automotive supply industry, bringing together well over 120 of the world’s most prominent global suppliers of car parts, systems and modules, and linking the sector to policy makers and regulators.
European automotive suppliers are world leaders in automotive technology for safe, sustainable and smart mobility. This vibrant European sector employs 5 million citizens and has an annual turn-over of 600 billion Euros.
CLEPA seeks to proactively engage in the EU and UN decision making processes, shaping legislation and global technical harmonisation impacting the automotive business.
What is the job offer?
CLEPA is looking to hire a technical regulations manager to work at the Brussels headquarters.
The technical regulations manager will monitor technical regulations for automotive suppliers, will facilitate member working groups towards a shared position and will present the common voice of the members towards European and international institutions.
The main tasks are
- Coordinate and facilitate association working groups and task forces
- Monitor European and international technical regulations
- Prepare and communicate the association’s positions to sectoral partners, institutions and stakeholders
- Maintain good relations with representatives of governments and institutions such as the European Commission, United Nations and standardisation institutes.
- Organise and follow-up international meetings
- Manage files and documentation on technical and regulatory issues
Who are we looking for?
For this challenging role we prefer a candidate who already has some experience in technical or regulatory affairs in an international industrial setting, but we are also open for a young potential who has the willingness to develop quickly.
- University degree in engineering, preferably electronic/electro-technical
- Good understanding of the principles of system type-approval or technical product certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (additional knowledge of German is a plus)
- Team player and consensus builder: ability to manage groups in a consensus-oriented way
- Willingness to travel regularly on short trips mostly within Europe
What does CLEPA offer?
- A highly interesting job in a dynamic international industry which is in constant evolution
- A challenging role with the possibility to become an expert and to contribute to future automotive developments
- A competitive remuneration package
- A modern office setting in a central Brussels location
Please send your motivation and CV to HR@clepa.be before 31 January 2018.
We will contact you as soon as possible!