European Association of Co-operative Banks seeks Adviser Financial Markets
Adviser Financial Markets
The EACB Association
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) is an international non-profit association which was founded in 1970 and is based in Brussels. It represents the interests of co-operative banks in Europe with 28 members representing 3.135 local banks Co-operative banks have a long tradition in serving 209 million customers, mainly consumers, retailers and SMEs. Quantitatively, co-operative banks in Europe represent 80,5 million members with a total average market share of about 20%. As the voice of co-operative banks in Europe and more recently at an international level, it is a leading trade association in the financial sector.
The EACB is committed to representing, defending and promoting co-operative values and the interests of its members within a competitive environment that allows cooperative banks to best serve their members and clients at a local level. To this end, the Brussels-based association provides information and advice, and ensures that the voice of the co-operative banks is represented in the dialogue between the European Institutions and stakeholders.
The adviser will report to the Head of Department Retail banking, Payments and Financial Markets. His or her portfolio will comprise the following tasks:
- Monitoring of legislative (Commission), self regulatory (standardisation in financial markets) and supervisory (ECB, European Banking Authority) initiatives affecting the financial markets business of EACB members;
- Monitoring market developments relevant for allowing the formulation of position papers;
- Drafting of position papers, discussion papers and briefing notes;
- Establishment and maintenance of relevant networks with officials of the European Commission/European Parliament/Council/ECB;
- The organisation and animation of the meetings of the Financial Markets Working group;
- Maintaining contact with EACB members and in particular members of the Financial Markets Working Group;
- Supporting the Head of Department in the representation of the interests of member organisations in meetings and lobbying towards EU Institutions (European Commission, European Parliament, Council, ECB, ESMA and other relevant bodies).
- University degree (preferably Master’s level) in economics, business administration or law;
- Distinct interest in financial markets, the impact of regulatory developments and the process of interest representation and ability to work on sometimes technical matters;
- A first work experience in the area of financial market allowing easy analysis of legislative, supervisory or self regulatory proposals or at least easy access to information allowing such analysis; or
- Some knowledge of EU law and EU institutions;
- For working purposes an excellent knowledge of the English language (written and spoken) is required. Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union is also appreciated;
- Good communication and time management skills, excellent drafting and analytical skills;
- Capacity to work independently;
- Be a good team-player with strong inter-personal skills;
- Be flexible and be a quick learner.
The EACB offers a dynamic work environment in an international team of policy experts. As part of a major European Credit Sector Association, you will have the opportunity to develop high-level contacts in the area of financial services and to gain expertise. We offer a competitive remuneration package, including lunch vouchers, group insurance and transport allowance. It concerns a permanent contract.
Please address your CV and cover letter by 20 June 2018, giving details about when you would be available to start working for the EACB to:
Ms. Marieke van Berkel
Head of Department
European Association of Co-operative Banks
Rue de l’Industrie 26-38
Please be sure to make specific reference in the e-mail/coverletter regarding your application to «adviser financial markets».
First interviews are expected to take place in the week of 25 June.