European Association of Long-Term Investors seeks Policy Officer
ELTI is the European Association of National Promotional Banks and Institutions (NPBIs) and other Promotional Banks from 19 EU Member States and accession countries based in Brussels. The mission of ELTI is to foster long-term investment and to support the cooperation between EU Institutions and NPBIs.
The ELTI General Secretariat is a small team working in close cooperation with our members notably those present in Brussels. We are looking for an EU national, part-time (50-60 %) Policy Officer with flexible working time arrangements in Brussels.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Follow relevant developments inside the EU Institutions
- Preparation of internal workshops and meetings
- Support to the General Secretary
- Support in the preparation of ELTI positions
- Preparation of discussions and meetings with representatives from EU Institutions
- Communication with members including content management of the ELTI extranet and membership management
- Manage and develop ELTI‘s on-line presence
- Bookkeeping and archiving of the association
- Cooperation with Belgian authorities and the external auditor
Profile, knowledge, skills and experience
- Master degree in financing, politics or comparable degree
- Know-how about functioning of the EU-Institutions based on professional experience (3 years minimum)
- Experience in public relations and communication
- IT-Skills: MS Office, content management corporate website, social media management
- English at mother tongue level, French
- Willingness to travel inside Europe from time to time
- Experience in working in an intercultural environment
- Professional experience inside the EU Institutions
- Any other skills in European languages
- Professional experience in banking
- An unlimited contract with 50 – 60 % working time
- Flexible working time arrangements
- A competitive salary depending on experience and additional benefits (lunch, transportation costs within Brussels region)
- Attractive workspace in the heart of the European quarter in Brussels
Please send your application consisting of a letter of motivation (one page maximum), your CV and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd March 2018 (COB) at the latest. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Please note that due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The short-listed candidates should be prepared to have up to two interviews in Brussels and the selected candidate should start as soon as possible in the first semester 2018.