European Broadcasting Union seeks Senior Lobbyist/Policy – Copyright
Senior Lobbyist/Policy – Copyright
The Legal and Policy Department’s goal is to secure the optimum policy, legal and regulatory framework for PSM at the international, EU and national levels. The Brussels-based EBU EU Policy Office aims to influence the development of EU policy in line with EBU interests, and to inform EBU members about relevant developments. The EU Policy Office is responsible for representing the EBU and its activities to EU decision makers and for promoting PSM interests in general. It has the crucial role of advocating the EBU’s formal positions on new legislative proposals and on other relevant EU policies, involving regular contact with MEPs, the European Commission and relevant stakeholders, as well as through press releases, policy documents, the organization of, and participation in, targeted events.
The Senior Lobbyist/Policy role will focus primarily on EU copyright matters, in particular promoting EBU formal positions on proposals for new EU law instruments within the EU institutions and on the public platform. Working closely with EBU European affairs experts/EBU lawyers and EBU Members, the incumbent will be responsible for the lobbying strategy and coordination on all copyright matters, as well as organising events and providing support for all other relevant and related projects and files. The incumbent may also take the policy lead on other EU files, as needed.
- Master’s Degree, subject: Law; PhD.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French. Other language a plus.
Professional Skills and Experiences
- Experienced in working in an international environment;
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Legal background in the copyright/broadcasting field a clear advantage;
- More than 2 years’ experience in EU lobbying/policy in the relevant area;
- Good and relevant contacts in the EU institutions;
- Top class communication/presentation skills;
- Motivated, driven and service-orientated;
- Organised and strategic, with proven management skills of both people and projects;
- Project management experience desired.