European Central Securities Depositories Association seeks Senior Post-trade Policy Adviser
Senior Post-trade Policy Adviser
The core of the association’s activities is the Policy working group and the representation of the industry interests towards the EU and global policy makers. You will be part of a small dynamic team much valued by members. Your work will have direct impact on theoperations, regulatory environment and image of European CSDs. The Senior government relations adviser will report to the Secretary General of the association and be in regular contact with the chair of the Policy working group.
We offer a full-time contract under Belgian law with an attractive package including a salary and fringe benefits. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Belgium.
The position is open immediately.
Tasks of the senior government relation adviser
- Lead the ECSDA Policy working group and help shaping CSD regulatory environment;
- Draft briefings and position papers of the association on the EU and global regulation;
- Report to members and broader audience on the evolution of the European CSD regulatory environmentand initial assessment of possible impacts;
- Research special topics on the request of EU authorities and ECSDA members.
Technical skills and experience
- You have at least 5 years work experience within a financial market infrastructure, a custodian bank or one of their associations or a public affairs consultancy firm specialised in financial services;
- You have exceptional writing skills and very good spoken English;
- You have a master’s degree in law or economics (although an exception can be made for a candidate having additional experience and qualities).
- You are proactive and capable of operating autonomously, and have an independent mindset; you are a self-starter, ready to take ownership, solution-driven and client-focused, creative and going an extra-mile;
- You are assertive and diplomatic at the same time;
- You are disciplined and have strong organisation skills and an eye for detail;
- You can quickly build relationships with stakeholders.
Please send your application via email to email@example.com addressed to the attention of Anna Kulik, Secretary General of ECSDA.
The deadline for applications is 30 November.
The application must contain the following:
- A CV in English;
- A cover letter in English specifying why you would like to join ECSDA.