European Chemical Industry Council seeks Communication Manager
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels (Auderghem) and employs more than 150 people.
For its corporate communication team, Cefic is looking for a (m/f):
The communications team is responsible for promoting the benefits of chemicals and the role of solution provider to society. It also has the responsibility to support the Advocacy Team with political communications and maintain a good working relationship with our European member associations.
The successful candidate will work closely with the communications teams which consist of the Director Communications, a media manager, an editor, a communication manager, a webmaster, a publishing manager and a communications assistant. He or she will be working on the development and implementation of communications strategies and will be advising and assisting our technical experts and advocacy managers on communication. Another responsibility will be the development and execution of plan to further improve the reputation of the chemical industry.
Skills & competencies
- Master degree or equivalent (communication or journalism) or proven experience in communication (training on the job)
- Fluency in English close to native speaking (knowledge of additional languages is an asset)
- Sound experience in communication, especially in building reputation and positioning of organisations
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex policies and scientific issues in a simple, engaging way
- Excellent computer, web management and social media skills
- Good organizational skills of co-ordinating several projects at the same time
- Result-oriented team player
- Charismatic personality with good social skills
- Experience in working in an association is an asset
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 24th February 2017 to:
Cefic, Gert Roelandt, Human Resources Manager, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4,
B-1160 Brussels. E-mail: email@example.com
For further information about the job please contact Irene van Luijken, Director Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or via +32 (2) 676 72 87