European Chemical Industry Council seeks Public Affairs Manager
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels (Auderghem) and employs more than 160 people.
For its Public Affairs department, Cefic is looking for a
Public Affairs Manager (m/f)
The Public Affairs Manager reports to the Director Public Affairs. He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to achieve agreed advocacy objectives across Cefic.
- Contribute to the setting of the advocacy’ objectives and implement the associated strategy plans for a variety of issues. He/she will align with Company members and the Sector Group Managers when needed;
- Monitor developments, ensure alignment of positions, prepare advocacy materials, contribute to the issue management process and to the advocacy database;
- Create an effective interface with relevant members and stakeholders and with decision-making bodies at national, European and international level in order to enhance Cefic’s ability to be involved in relevant decision making processes. He/she will establish, maintain, extend and use the network of Cefic relationships. He/she will design and organise advocacy events upon request;
- Build, maintain, extend and use the knowledge base in order to gain adequate understanding of the issues and hence to be able to distinctly advise our members;
- Develop clear project management timelines and ensure that all involved participants respect agreed deadlines, in order to report regularly on the project progress to senior management and/or members;
- Ensure the efficient advocacy and communication of the industry positions resulting from the above process in order to influence and/or get the commitment of all stakeholders involved;
- Responds to inquiries from policy representatives in accordance with industry’s confidentiality standards.
- Academic background preferably in law, political science or in chemistry;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience working in the political arena, in particular the EP, and having proven EU legislative (ordinary and delegated) process;
- Ability to construct coherent arguments from complex technical/scientific data;
- Project management skills; strong leadership and result oriented team player with pronounced customer focus;
- Relationship building and excellent oral and written communication: ability to clearly and concisely express ideas/concepts, to adjust language and style to specific target audiences, and to deliver structured and convincing group presentations;
- Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Proficiency in English and in one of the following: Polish, Czech, Slovak, or Hungarian.
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before 23rd December 2016 to:
Cefic, Gert Roelandt, Human Resources Manager, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels.