European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs seeks Communications & Public Affairs Officer
Communications & Public Affairs Officer
EUCOPE is looking to recruit a talented person with communication skills and knowledge of the EU, its processes and policies to start as soon as possible (July 2018).
The European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs (EUCOPE) is a trade association, which gives voice to over 900 small-to-mid-sized companies in the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies – many of which active in rare diseases – and medical devices. EUCOPE represents its associate and corporate members towards national and international governmental organisations in particular towards the EU institutions and agencies.
You are educated to degree level in a relevant field and have gathered first communications experiences, preferably from working in or around the EU institutions, not-for-profit or private sector, and have an excellent knowledge of the EU, its policies and processes.
Fluent in English, you have excellent communications skills and the ability to think out of the box and provide effective yet creative solutions.
Interested in healthcare-related issues, you see the added value of medical innovation and of industry.
The communications & public affairs officer will support and complement the current work of the EUCOPE Secretariat.
Your principal activities will consist of the following:
- Develop and implement comprehensive communications strategies and tools with the view to support specific projects and working groups
- Advise working groups and task forces for their communications and dissemination activities towards media and on online platforms
- Provide support in raising stakeholders’ awareness about the association
- Elaborate and run internal communications channels, including the association’s website and intranet
- Prepare and deliver presentations on EUCOPE’s activities
- Analyse, evaluate and report to the team on the smooth functioning of internal and external communications activities
Public affairs / advocacy
- Coordinate external activities of the association
- Support in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings
Provide support to the public affairs team:
- Press and policy-monitoring of health-related legislative developments
- Drafting reports of internal and stakeholder meetings
- Ad-hoc support in stakeholder engagement
Your personal qualities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Keen interest in EU political and policy affairs
- Entrepreneurial and willing to take initiatives
- Action-oriented and responsible
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong analytical and summarising skills
- Proven organisational skills
Employment conditions & remuneration
- This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible, for an initial duration of 12 months.
- The officer will be based in Brussels.
- Competitive remuneration package and benefits.
Please send your application (curriculum vitae + 1-page letter of motivation) by 20 June to Delphine Roulland at: email@example.com
Please be informed that we can only respond to successful applicants.