European Confederation of the Footwear Industry seeks EU Policy Officer
EU Policy Officer
The European Confederation of the Footwear Industry (CEC), a non-profit organisation gathering the major footwear national associations of the EU, is seeking to recruit a EU Policy Officer for its headquarters in Brussels as from September 2018.
The successful candidate will assist the Secretary General in achieving the Confederation objectives.
In general, assistance in the implementation of the decisions and strategic directions established by the General Assembly as well as in the dissemination and promotion of the aims of the CEC.
- Research, monitoring and analysis of EU initiatives and legislative proposals with impact in the footwear industry, in order to extract and present concisely the relevant information.
- Assistance in the implementation of EU projects: Research, surveys, collation of information for reports, etc.
- Support in updating and maintaining a dynamic website, social media and in the implementation of other communication activities such as drafting press releases.
- Collation of industry wide statistics and data, production of statistical reports, presentations, etc.
- Liaising between the Secretary General and Member Associations to inform and report.
- Attendance to meetings, conferences and other events of interest for the footwear industry in Brussels when required.
- Organisational and administrative support at internal CEC meetings, including drafting agendas and minutes, as well as at other events.
- General administrative support, maintenance of databases, basic account keeping, etc.
- University degree in economics, political sciences or journalism.
- Two-years professional experience on EU public affairs, preferably acquired in Brussels.
- Excellent written communication skills in English, preferably also in French, including ability to translate and summarise information. Other EU languages would be desirable.
- Good computer skills, including web publishing, database management and publication design.
- Ability to work independently under minor supervision, and on own initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- Adaptable and open-minded.
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th August 2018.
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.