European Consumer Voice in Standardisation seeks Programme Assistant
Sustainability & Services
ANEC is recruiting a Programme Assistant, Services & Sustainability (with effect from 18 April 2018 or soon after).
The contract is for a part-time position (50% to 60%) until 21 December 2018. The post-holder will support the ANEC Secretariat in the delivery of tasks in the services & sustainability sectors during the temporary absence of the responsible Programme Manager. A possible renewal of the contract is foreseen, depending on the number of external projects in which ANEC will be engaged in 2019.
- Coordinating ANEC activities in standardisation work on services;
- Monitoring European and international standardisation activities and European policies in the services sector;
- Representing the ANEC Services WG in external meetings or events;
- Drafting and editing position papers and comments on standards work;
- Maintaining the network of the Services WG, as well as briefing members;
- Providing internal briefing to colleagues and contributions to horizontal activities (e.g. reporting to European Commission; ANEC Annual Review, Newsletter);
- Proactive briefing and debriefing of the ANEC Secretary-General.
- Dedicated assistance to Services and Sustainability WGs in support of the ANEC Sustainability & Services Programme Officer;
- Organising meetings (logistics, accommodation, invitations, registrations);
- Drafting of minutes and other administrative support to meetings;
- Drafting/proof-reading of documents;
- Providing information and support to ANEC members and WG experts;
- Routine office tasks;
- Support as needed to the Programme Manager, Traffic & Research.
- A university degree preferred, especially relevant to the position;
- Interest in consumer protection;
- Accurate, results-oriented and able to problem solve;
- Experience in working with volunteers/non-profit organisations;
- Experience in office management preferred;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Team-player, flexible and responsible;
- Knowledge of standardisation processes useful;
- Usual familiarity with Microsoft Office and similar;
- Excellent spoken and written English; other European languages advantageous.
The contract will run until 21 December 2018. Renewal possible.
2.200€ gross per month (for full-time equivalent) with usual NGO benefits.
Please send a current CV (Europass format or similar), and a letter of motivation, to Stephen RUSSELL, ANEC Secretary-General (stephen.russell(at)anec.eu) no later than Friday 16 March 2018. Both documents should be in English.
We regret applications from only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
ANEC reserves the right to appoint a candidate during the vacancy period.