European Dairy Association seeks Junior Policy Officer
Junior Policy Officer
The European Dairy Association (EDA) is the voice of the milk processing industry in the European Union. Our members are the national trade associations for dairy processors in EU Member States.
The following new position is opening in our offices on 1st April 2018: Junior Policy Officer.
The successful candidate will work for our FEP (Food, Environment and Health) and TEC (Trade & Economics) departments. Work time will be equally shared between both departments. FEP support will be content related, TEC support will be project-related.
- Master degree (ideally in food processing & technology, environmental science or food law).
- Some experience in the EU environment – understanding of the EU policy making process.
- A background or knowledge in nutrition/ food/ health science or in trade and economics is an asset.
- At ease working with figures, statistics, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English are essential, knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
- Flexible and dynamic team player.
- Capacity to prioritise and proactivity in pursuing our dairy topics.
- Able to work on own initiative and take responsibility.
- Computer-literate (Office, etc.).
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate the impact of legislative & policy developments at EU level in the areas of food safety, quality and law, environment and sustainability/ trade and economics
- Gather and interpret a broad variety of information and actively work on further shaping the legal framework for the future
- Inform our members, support and steer the activities of our related working groups
- Write position papers, reports and other publications
- Maintain contacts with representatives of various EU authorities and other relevant stakeholders
- Prepare and follow-up on meetings (logistics and content)
We offer an interesting, dynamic and international work environment and insight into the functioning of a European industry association. The contract will be a one-year contract (Belgian CDD), with the perspective of a fixed contract (Belgian CDI) if mutual expectations are met. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should send their CV and motivation letter in English no later than on 29 March 2018 by email to Mrs Claudine Hansen at email@example.com – Ref.: “Junior Policy Officer”
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.