European Digital Rights offers Policy internship
EDRi is looking for an intern to support our advocacy team located in Brussels. The internship will go from January to mid-July 2017.
European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international non-profit association of 31 digital civil rights organisations from across Europe. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defense of our rights and freedom online!
- research and analysis on a range of policy topics;
- monitoring international, EU and national related policy developments;
- organising and participating in meetings and events:
- assisting with writing of the EDRi-gram newsletter;
- assisting with preparing draft reports, presentations and other internal and external documents;
- assisting with preparing communication tasks;
- development of public education materials
- a demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for human rights and technology-related legal issues;
- knowledge of EDRi’s key issues: EU data protection and privacy laws, copyright reform, intermediary liability, trade agreements, etc…are a plus;
- excellent research and writing skills;
- fluent command of spoken and written English;
- computer literacy
How to apply:
To apply please send a maximum one page cover letter and a maximum two page CV in English and as a pdf (other format will not be accepted) to michela.petruzzo(at)edri.org. The closing date for application is the 30 November 2016. The interviews take place 5-9 December 2016, starting date is 4 January 2017.