European Engineering Industries Association seeks Head of Communications
Speaking for European engineering, Orgalime, represents 40 trade federations standing for the mechanical, electrical, electronic, metalworking & metal articles industries of 23 European countries. The industry employs some 10.9 million people in the EU and in 2015 accounted for more than €1,900 billion of annual output. The industry accounts for over a quarter of manufacturing output and a third of the manufactured exports of the European Union.
We’re currently looking for an innovative, dynamic and proactive team player to join our communications team.
- university degree in a relevant field: communication studies, political science or journalism;
- native-level fluency in English, both written and spoken is a must;
- excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- at least 5 years of experience in communications, ideally within a European association;
- proven understanding of EU processes;
- understanding of and experience with latest methods of communication;
- previous experience in: managing people; events’ organisation and contacts with media.
- managing the communications team;
- developing and implementing communications strategy;
- developing and managing partnerships with media;
- organising events;
- maintaining the website and keeping it effective;
- managing the social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn);
- drafting and supervising the production of press releases, newsletter articles and other documents for external communication;
- drafting and supervising the production of annual reports, info graphics, leaflets and other communications materials to make sure they follow the visual identity guidelines;
- other activities falling under the umbrella of communications.
- send your CV, motivation letter and one-page sample of your writing (press release, article, blog post etc.) by e-mail;
- by 12 February 2017;
- to Inge Dewit Vanhaelen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- please mention: “Communications” in the subject line.
Orgalime is located in Brussels – www.orgalime.org.